NAMM Winter 2016 Vids & Pics

Finally one of the new T-Rex tape Echo.
I am very happy with my Fulltone Tube Tape Echo though (Thanks again Les)

Unfortunately I've not been at Winter NAMM 2016. It would have been nice taking a look at all spec sheets and the summary of the benefits of each model - stated by Paul, musicians, or magazines (What was written on the sheet beside the 513? :)).
As a wrap up after watching all those video clips: Nothing really new. A few discontinued models celebrated re-birth (CE24, Bariton), Guitar of the month (This is nice, because it's a show of force of PRS' passion regarding craftmanship, wood and design. But it's only affordable for a few.).
Vela was a really new PRS last year, I expected PRS announcing a new signature model of another well known guitar player.

Unfortunately I've not been at Winter NAMM 2016. It would have been nice taking a look at all spec sheets and the summary of the benefits of each model - stated by Paul, musicians, or magazines (What was written on the sheet beside the 513? :)).
As a wrap up after watching all those video clips: Nothing really new. A few discontinued models celebrated re-birth (CE24, Bariton), Guitar of the month (This is nice, because it's a show of force of PRS' passion regarding craftmanship, wood and design. But it's only affordable for a few.).
Vela was a really new PRS last year, I expected PRS announcing a new signature model of another well known guitar player.

My guess is that well known player will make that announcement when the time is right. Maybe just before summer touring season?

Of course! NAMM & Musik Messe are the biggest venues for any public announcement if personal contact is required. On the other hand social media content has the advantage of being fast with nearly borderless range.
You have to balance the means. In case of Musik Messe and PRS it's a question of the ratio of expenditures and utility.
Are in-house gatherings more effective for business among brand, trader and customer dealing with the aim of a long term/life time relationship?
Maybe because there is less distraction.

Or.......
Maybe the dealer had no clue what was or was not being released, but said to wait just to see *if* anything new was being released so he could be sure his customer was happy.

It's awfully hard to say what happened without being there.

True, except that he told the customer that he didn't have one in stock. So my guess - uninformed of course - was that he didn't want the customer to shop elsewhere.

Of course I could be wrong! I can be very cynical.

I will take a look at the pictures that I took later today and see if I took pictures of any of the spec sheets. If I did, I will post, along with any other pics that I think might be of interest to the group.

A friend of mine travelled to NAMM 2016, he had a short break a PRS booth talking with Paul, but his own schedule was full with other appointments. He only photographed a few guitars at PRS.
And, @CVS, thumbs up!

I want to thank all of you who gave me input on what to do, see, wear etc while at NAMM. I was really glad that I wore my running shoes, as I was pretty much on my feet for 5+ hours for 2 days
One last thought, Sunday morning, between say 10:00AM and noon, the place was not crowded and it is the best time to go demo yourself whatever you want to play. By 1:00PM, the place was packed, as it was all day Thursday. My guess is a lot of folks spent Saturday night having a good time.
Also, for those who live locally, like me, the parking at Anaheim Stadium was great, and the bus avoided all traffic (between bus lanes and parking at Disneyland).

Let´s be curious if John Mayer will be the next guy naming a PRS signature model. I hope the colour chart is not like the bright rainbow colours of his girlfriend Katy Perry ;-)

OK - A few more pics from the PRS Booth that I took. A few caveats. 1) I am not a professional photographer. 2) I was using a Nikon Coolpix to take these photos and 3) I took all photos without a flash (so as not to be intrusive), so there is some movement and loss of clarity. The line 6 product is what was hooked up to the headphones for demoing. Lots of different sounds possible.

Some private stock guitars (I had hoped to get better pictures on Sunday, but they were not there)
DSCN3531_zpsl4ejwmnl.jpg

Line 6 Product used for demoing
DSCN3533_zpsyncwprwo.jpg

A P245 - Just gorgeous! FYI the comments that were on the white slips of paper next to each guitar, were pretty much bullet point lists that you can see on the web site highlights for each guitar(for stock guitars)

DSCN3575_zpsj29i4dvm.jpg

A picture of the booth on Sunday AM - The right time to be demoing the guitars at least IMHO. It got crowded later on. The demo "space" is in the far back right side of this picture. If a recall there were about 8 different models you could demo.

DSCN3577_zpsfevhuvhi.jpg

Signing off.

Nice pics CVS.
Last year it was the Digitech Trio that took the spot light at winter NAMM.
They have introduced a "Plus" model for this year.

Back