NAMM Winter 2016 Vids & Pics

And from looking at the video, it looks like they had some free time to go see the desert and the ocean.:cool:

Hi CVS, I was at the Show yesterday and today, and I did not see the JM sig model that seems to appear in the Periscope video. I asked one of the guys I think his name was Travis, and he said that the guitar would not be making an appearance at this show. Did you see it, or did you ask anyone about it. Was I mislead to preserve some kind of surprise?

I'm back home now, today was busy but still manageable to walk around.

Last edited:
PRS at NAMM 2016 - new stuff, old stuff, pretty stuff...

PRS GUITARS | NAMM 2016 | TMNtv

Prs New For 2016 & John Mayer Gossip Namm 2016

Hi CVS, I was at the Show yesterday and today, and I did not see the JM sig model that seems to appear in the Periscope video. I asked one of the guys I think his name was Travis, and he said that the guitar would not be making an appearance at this show. Did you see it, or did you ask anyone about it. Was I mislead to preserve some kind of surprise?

I'm back home now, today was busy but still manageable to walk around.
I did not see the JM model when I was there (I visited the booth 2 different times - and did not see it either time). I just assumed that they were holding off showing it until John Meyer himself could introduce it. I plan to go back tomorrow & I will ask if I don't see it, now that I know it was in the Periscope video (which I did know when I visited the booth on Thursday).

Just a lot of...
FMacRumours.PNG

What about the rumored Tremonti/Archon SE, or is this it?

Funny thing, when someone posted about this particular rumor, along with the false rumor that the Archon was being discontinued, the source was s'posed to be some dealer somewhere. Then one of the folks posting on the amp section of the forum claimed that his dealer at Sweetwater told him not to buy an Archon he was interested in, and to wait until NAMM, hinting that there would be a new model.

I called BS at the time. The guy simply didn't have an Archon in stock.

So there's no new model to replace the Archon, they showed three of them at NAMM, two heads and a combo just like 2015 models.

It's probably time to end the rumor-mongering. There's nothing concrete happening around this rumor.

Funny thing, when someone posted about this particular rumor, along with the false rumor that the Archon was being discontinued, the source was s'posed to be some dealer somewhere. Then one of the folks posting on the amp section of the forum claimed that his dealer at Sweetwater told him not to buy an Archon he was interested in, and to wait until NAMM, hinting that there would be a new model.

So there's no new model to replace the Archon, they showed three of them at NAMM, two heads and a combo just like 2015 models.

It's probably time to end the rumor-mongering. There's nothing concrete happening around this rumor.

I saw a video somewhere with Tremonti saying something along the lines that he was thinking about a smaller, low cost Archon that new players could afford. That comment probably morphed into the signature Archon rumour, but even if it is true it'll likely take PRS a bit to prototype and tool up for production.

I saw a video somewhere with Tremonti saying something along the lines that he was thinking about a smaller, low cost Archon that new players could afford. That comment probably morphed into the signature Archon rumour, but even if it is true it'll likely take PRS a bit to prototype and tool up for production.

I saw that, and there's been talk.

To which I say, show me the product.

Or.......
Maybe the dealer had no clue what was or was not being released, but said to wait just to see *if* anything new was being released so he could be sure his customer was happy.

It's awfully hard to say what happened without being there.

FYI - No private stock guitars or any amps on display today. Not sure why. Did see Gary Grainger at the PRS booth today.

Mike - Unfortunately, the answer was relatively straight forward. There just weren't enough sales of the Bernie.

Shame. But Paul always said "If you stop buying them we'll stop making them."

It's the answer I feared as it means it's unlikely to return. Bernie said a few times it was one of the top selling SE's... Perhaps it had a peak and then sales dropped dramatically or... Who knows. That's the answer that makes the most sense. Perhaps makes further PS runs or a core version unlikely too. Bummer!

Thanks for asking. Hope I can do NAMM one day! :)

Back