NAMM Winter 2016 Vids & Pics

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Post 'em up.
Pedals, accessories, PRS guitars, PRS amps.
There will be a slew of vids online, but since this is a PRS forum, it would be good to keep the guitars and amps PRS related.

I see Rob and the Captain made it :D

PRSh did a Periscope from the booth last night. Tons of questions about the Mayer model. He didn't directly address it, but the video ended in front of the presumed model.

I see The Tone King put up a lot of non PRS vids yesterday, he got an early start.
Hopefully he hits the PRS section today.

They kept bugging Paul to see the JM guitar :D
I was half expecting to see this rumored low wattage amp, maybe in another video.
I bet there will be a ton more PRS videos tomorrow since it is still early.

Not sure why I'm searching for "big" PRS NAMM news- they've released a bunch of stuff recently. We see the JM in the background. Go through this every year, but most everything is out there before the show.

Just made it back home from NAMM today - The PRS booth was very crowded both times I went there. Met Hunter (a great guy!). Was able to briefly demo the CE24 and the Vela through headphones and a device from Line 6 that allows you to hear different effects (pedal & amp) through your headphones. Both guitars sounded fantastic! The Vela really has a nice single coil sound through the bass pick up and even though the bridge pick up is a humbucker, it had a very twangy sound when played on a clean setting. The Vela can really rock when you through in some OD / distortion. I also ran into Paul Jackson Jr while at the PRS booth & he was nice enough to give me what you see in the picture below. He told me he will will a new solo CD out in March. I have also posted few pics from the booth that were not covered as well in the video that Corey posted above. I did not see or hear anything about JM and I did not get to see or meet "the man" himself. Hopefully this will happen when I go back on Sunday.

BTW - There were some phenomenal artists playing around NAMM today. All different genres of music. Fabulous experience for a 1st timer like myself. I was literally was on my feet from 9:30PM to 5:00PM non stop with no food, water ,booze :)etc just soaking the whole thing in. I think I was the only person wearing a UCLA colored blue shirt. Black was the color of the day. Good thing I wore running shoes.

Last but not least - I liked all of the PRS Satin guitars that I saw.

DSCN3556_zpszsbvgkkd.jpg

DSCN3532_zpsivxdetc5.jpg

PRS walks through the NAMM booth. Nothing but JM model questions. Brutal. There it is at the end, and nothing.

I love that they took all the cut outs off the sides of the SE acoustics, especially the separate battery cut out. That always bugged me a bit. There is the benefit of course of not having to take the strings off to change the battery with the old system, but I prefer the aesthetic of the new one.

I love that they took all the cut outs off the sides of the SE acoustics, especially the separate battery cut out. That always bugged me a bit. There is the benefit of course of not having to take the strings off to change the battery with the old system, but I prefer the aesthetic of the new one.
I like my style better with the electronics on the outside.

PRS CE NAMM 2016

Back