NAGD!

the MOP Inlay is just so cool. This is my new desktop screen
TkRtH96.jpg

Congrats! New SE acoustics looking stunning. I haven’t tried one yet, but I played the older one and thought it was better than quite a few of the Martins and Taylor’s that were in the shop.

I love how you can see some natural figuring on the back woods through the sound hole. Shows that the figuring on the back isn't just veneer, but the wood chosen for the back was naturally figured.

Again, absolutely beautiful!

Ok, so two weeks in and the glow of NGD still hasn't really worn off. I picked up the newbie the other night and layed down a loop in D to try something off the twelfth fret. The first pluck of E12 went twang. I thought oops didnt have my finger right, so i tried again, twang. Moved up to 13 and tried again. Tink! Moved up to 14, rings true. 15 rings true. Back the otherway, everything above 11 rings true. All of this only on the E1 string.

So today i stopped at Ish Guitars on my way through and let their tech look at it. After a quick look, and measuring, he says that the action is too low, and that it probably needed humidification. We then discussed this with the Owner (Really nice guy, BTW) his first question was 'and so now you want to return it?' To which i exclaimed, OH Hell No! We chatted some more and all agreed that humidification was the way to go.

So, now i wait a week ..... maybe two.....

Ok, so two weeks in and the glow of NGD still hasn't really worn off. I picked up the newbie the other night and layed down a loop in D to try something off the twelfth fret. The first pluck of E12 went twang. I thought oops didnt have my finger right, so i tried again, twang. Moved up to 13 and tried again. Tink! Moved up to 14, rings true. 15 rings true. Back the otherway, everything above 11 rings true. All of this only on the E1 string.

So today i stopped at Ish Guitars on my way through and let their tech look at it. After a quick look, and measuring, he says that the action is too low, and that it probably needed humidification. We then discussed this with the Owner (Really nice guy, BTW) his first question was 'and so now you want to return it?' To which i exclaimed, OH Hell No! We chatted some more and all agreed that humidification was the way to go.

So, now i wait a week ..... maybe two.....
I'm curious as to how this turns out!

I'm curious as to how this turns out!
Someone else had posted here that they got a core Angelus from GC that was "beyond repair" and had similar issues. They humidified for like two weeks and it came right back into line. I put a d'addario Humidipak set in the guitar an case. And can now monitor temp and humidity from my phone, without having to open the case.

GC sold me one for a song thinking it had a bad neck.
One of those humidifier packs in the case was reccomended by my Luthier. BBC
After 2 weeks it is back to about 90%

Another week or two will probably do the trick.

Bob

GC sold me one for a song thinking it had a bad neck.
One of those humidifier packs in the case was reccomended by my Luthier. BBC
After 2 weeks it is back to about 90%

Another week or two will probably do the trick.

Bob
72 hours in and i'm pretty much back to normal. I will keep it cased for another day or two, then i'll get back to playing.

Back