Thinking of the A55E

Wakester

Re Member
I've been thinking (I know dangerous thing to do) about complementing my CU24 and SC245 with a SE Acoustic, more specifically an Angelus A55E with the Black Gold back and sides. I've been looking at ISH Guitars in Syracuse NY (Closest Dealer to me) they have a few B Stock models that have reasonable pricing.

Has anyone worked a deal with ISH in the past? are they easy to work with? How are they about trades? I have an Alvarez Nylon String Hybrid Acoustic Electric and an Ovation Applause that I would be willing to part with. Keep in mind ISH is a 3 hour one way trip for me, so if I go up there, I plan on going home with something in hand. I will have to play the A55 first of course, but I am reasonably certain that is the one I want.

I've been thinking (I know dangerous thing to do) about complementing my CU24 and SC245 with a SE Acoustic, more specifically an Angelus A55E with the Black Gold back and sides. I've been looking at ISH Guitars in Syracuse NY (Closest Dealer to me) they have a few B Stock models that have reasonable pricing.

Has anyone worked a deal with ISH in the past? are they easy to work with? How are they about trades? I have an Alvarez Nylon String Hybrid Acoustic Electric and an Ovation Applause that I would be willing to part with. Keep in mind ISH is a 3 hour one way trip for me, so if I go up there, I plan on going home with something in hand. I will have to play the A55 first of course, but I am reasonably certain that is the one I want.

I've not been to ISH Guitars, but I do know that trade-ins won't net you as much value as selling outright on eBay or Reverb. Likewise, I do know that Dave's Guitars on Reverb often lists several used PRS acoustics...you might wish to keep an eye out for them when they do make themselves known. I've done business with Dave's myself recently and can attest to their integrity and good pricing...

The A60E SE Angelus in my avatar is from Dave's....

Definitely waiting on the cash. Hopefully the grinch, i mean the boss, gives out bonuses this year. Last year we got a subscription to the jelly of the month club, and 3 extra vacation days that i only used 2 of.

Had to laugh at this, sorry!

I know that jelly means something different for you guys, but I just went visual on a wobbly desert truck turning up outside your house, every 30 days for a whole year!

So, I stopped at Ish Guitars today on "lunch break" ( I just finished a service call down the street), looked at and played the A55E. I am no longer thinking of buying the A55E.:eek:

I am buying the A55E:D.

My wife will stop in tomorrow with the cash and trades for the deal I had been working via email this week. I will have the guitar in my possession by tomorrow evening with pictures posted by midnight.

So, I stopped at Ish Guitars today on "lunch break" ( I just finished a service call down the street), looked at and played the A55E. I am no longer thinking of buying the A55E.:eek:

I am buying the A55E:D.

My wife will stop in tomorrow with the cash and trades for the deal I had been working via email this week. I will have the guitar in my possession by tomorrow evening with pictures posted by midnight.
Well done mate

I've not been to ISH Guitars, but I do know that trade-ins won't net you as much value as selling outright on eBay or Reverb. Likewise, I do know that Dave's Guitars on Reverb often lists several used PRS acoustics...you might wish to keep an eye out for them when they do make themselves known. I've done business with Dave's myself recently and can attest to their integrity and good pricing...

The A60E SE Angelus in my avatar is from Dave's....
I just ordered a 55 in Abaco Green (Tonare) from Dave's. Looking forward to trying it out soon!

Back