Thinking of the A55E

The Abaco Green is discontinued for 2020 it seems.

Named for the color of these waters around Green Turtle Cay in the Abacos. (This is actually Munjack, about 5 miles by boat from GTC).

Very nice guitars and a bargain. I just wish they weren’t built in China. While damn near impossible, I don’t want to buy anything made there anymore.

Last edited:
Any feedback on the electronics/piezo? I haven't been able to find a solid comparison between the Fishman and PRS original in the Angelus custom

Any feedback on the electronics/piezo? I haven't been able to find a solid comparison between the Fishman and PRS original in the Angelus custom
I really dont know what the originals sounded like, but i do like the Fishmans in the A55e. Very clear and loud output. Simple tone and volume control just under the E string in the cavity. No buttons to push, sliders to slide or extras that you really dont need.

Last edited:
I bought an A50E in Nov. 2018 and I love the guitar. I am now retired and play 3-4 hours every day. I have been playing for 55 years and have owned many guitars in my lifetime and am a die hard PRS fan. Because of my experience with this guitar ( any my PRS electrics ) I gave myself permission to buy another one. ( That's how I roll ) After extensive research I decided to buy a 2012 Angelus SE Standard and it took my almost a year to find one. The reason I decided on a 2012 Standard was two fold. This was the first year production and considered by many to be the best year of production. The Standard has a solid mahogany back, mahogany sides, mahogany neck, rosewood board, bone nut and fully compensated bone saddle, mahogany bridge, fully bound body, bound neck, bound headstock, on board tuner with 3 band EQ, and last but not least PRS proprietary electronics. (which I also like much better than the Fishman electronics they use now ) also with a much nicer case with the PRS logo embroidered on the front and these guitars were made in Korea instead of China. As much as I love my A50E, my Angelus Standard is a far superior guitar in every respect. Mine was as new in the box and I only paid 600.00 shipped to my door. I will put this guitar up against any Taylor ( had 3 sent them back ) TT Takamine ( didn't like it either ) 5 series Japanese made Yamaha or God forbid Gibson ( with their richlite which is code for baked paper fretboards ) If you can find one ( the Standard was mahogany and the custom was Rosewood ) I assure you will be as happy as I am. I truly have a hard time putting it down. Good luck

Last edited:
Back