N5D: Korina WL 594 #2!

You are quite the trail blazer Pete, I hope PRS will take Heed and make a production 594 Trem (what's the color BTW?)
Congrats on both additions they are spectacular

Thanks, G!

I wouldn't hold your breath on the Trem 594's. ;) Maybe someday they will let dealers do a special WL run with those, that would be cool!

Color is "Teal Nightshade Smoked Burst". I dig it!

Thanks, G!

I wouldn't hold your breath on the Trem 594's. ;) Maybe someday they will let dealers do a special WL run with those, that would be cool!

Color is "Teal Nightshade Smoked Burst". I dig it!

I dig it too, it's somewhat similar to Glacier blue at the center, I think

First of all, thanks for the impressions on korina.

Secondly ... stahp! You're killing me with these beautiful guitars...

Dayum...
Thanks guys, for the kind comments! I totally love it!

Okay, here you go!

DSC_7675.jpg

DSC_7679.jpg

On hold with Brian G, bringing it home later this month. With my current love-fest with Korina, I couldn't resist, Black Limba / Korina Body, Korina Neck, and a Trem!

I am losing it a little right now, I know...

:)

This old thing?

Black%20Fade%20Front%201_zpsh8gplohp.jpg

Black%20Fade%20Back%202_zpsqxgmytjm.jpg

Seems like forever ago, that was page 56 of the McCarty 594 Love Thread, we are are 61 now. (But somehow still only two weeks ago...) ;)

Ha! IMO Korina matches very nicely with the formula of the 594, with the thick body and the beefy neck! Love the way it resonates...

Yes, I would say that is a good description. It is subtle, it still sounds like that Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Maple Top, Rosewood Board ballpark, with with its own special mojo going on. I think of it as a "sizzle" in the mids. I don't normally like "bright", I like "dark". To me this is still on the dark side, especially the way I dial my amps in with the presence and treble down, but with some sizzle in there to give it some extra tastiness. Especially for the crunchy tones.

Thanks! I am not usually a "Red Guitar" kind of guy, but I dig this one. The top is beautiful but kind of subtle, and the Red is a darker red, in contrast with the light Korina Body and Neck and the Ivory Binding, Pickup Rings and Tuner Knobs, I think it looks pretty classy...

Oh. My. God.

OMG indeed, Brad!!

One of the very best playing, sounding and looking guitars EVER for me!! #2 behind my SC 594 Prototype, as far as all time rankings for me.

I will post more on that beauty over the holidays on that 594 Trem PS.

Also check PSF, one of mine in the oven is looking pretty sweet too! ;)

Both of those korinas are gorgeous!
And the Red Tiger sounded absolutely amazing with the magnet flipped here at the shop!
I can't wait to check one out with a trem....perfection? And...is that a Glacier Blue Burst???? Love it!

Hey Peter ! You should try the 594 with a 59/09 pickup...you'll be getting another 594 , when you get a load of how TASTY that TONE is. Brian set me up LARGE with that one ! By the way the ROSEWOOD neck does'nt hurt either. Wood Library RULES !

Both of those korinas are gorgeous!
And the Red Tiger sounded absolutely amazing with the magnet flipped here at the shop!
I can't wait to check one out with a trem....perfection? And...is that a Glacier Blue Burst???? Love it!

Ben:

Yeah, you guys did a killer job with the Korina WL run, they are both terrific! I love the tone, and the looks of the beautiful natural Korina backs and necks, and the gorgeous quilt tops.

That Red Tiger does sound great with the pickups out-of-phase! Has that Peter Green thing going on, which I love.

The Trem Private Stock is great. I am not a Trem guy really, I prefer the one piece and two piece stop tail bridges, but I do really appreciate how the Trem is different in tone and feel, so I dig having that one in the collection.

The finish is Teal Nightshade Smoked Burst. It is similar to Glacier Blue, but more Bold IMO, has two shades of a Teal/Green on the top, and then a Blue Smoked Burst added. with that amazing one-piece quilt top, it really is stunning!

IMG_0313_zpssat7ibjl.jpg

-Pete

Hey Peter ! You should try the 594 with a 59/09 pickup...you'll be getting another 594 , when you get a load of how TASTY that TONE is. Brian set me up LARGE with that one ! By the way the ROSEWOOD neck does'nt hurt either. Wood Library RULES !

Yes, I have an uncovered 5909 Bridge that I bought a while back, and plan to try it in one of my 594's.

Great pickup, that was my go-to pickup in my DC 245 Ted's for many years!

No Ivoroid Buttons for this beauty Pete?

I actually started to put Ivoroid buttons on there, and I was surprised to see that I felt the Ebony buttons looked much better!

IMG_0315_zpsnbhkh89f.jpg

IMG_0316_zpsvefyxhot.jpg

I don't care for the Nickel buttons on the Core and WL 594's, but I like the Ebony ones just as much as the Ivoroid ones, depending on the look of the guitar...

Love it. That color with the natural korina back is mouth watering. Looks like a great guitar playing chair as well!

I actually started to put Ivoroid buttons on there, and I was surprised to see that I felt the Ebony buttons looked much better!

IMG_0315_zpsnbhkh89f.jpg

IMG_0316_zpsvefyxhot.jpg

I don't care for the Nickel buttons on the Core and WL 594's, but I like the Ebony ones just as much as the Ivoroid ones, depending on the look of the guitar...
I'm with you! I also feel the Ebony looks better on this one. Great guitar!!!

Kevin

Love it. That color with the natural korina back is mouth watering. Looks like a great guitar playing chair as well!

Thanks!

And yes, it is a great guitar playing chair. I like it so much I ordered another one. Joybird.com, it is the Fitzgerald Armless Chair. They do it in several leather colors, also a ton of cloth options as well. I went for the dark brown worn leather look for than manly office/lounge look! ;)

Back