N5D: Korina WL 594 #2!

MA Pete

Pattern Thin Convert!
Another N5D for me, I loved the Grey Black Fade Righteous Guitars Wood Library Korina 594 so darn much, I needed another one! Holy cow, Korina makes for great tone!

This one is in Red Tiger, nice quilt top!

Ben at Righteous is awesome to work with! He suggested "how about we wire this one up out-of-phase to mix it up from the other one"? He didn't even know that I am a HUGE Peter Green fan, and coincidentally I have been listening to nothing but Peter Green bluesy stuff (his work with John Mayall, and the early Fleetwood Mac stuff) nonstop for about 6 months.

Sounds great with the out-of-phase tones!

I have had an AMAZING time this year experiencing the 594 model, but these last two Korina ones are taking it to a new level for me, I just love the tone, the subtly different way they sound, and resonate. They look great too! But for me it is mostly about the way they sound and feel.

IMG_0280_zps1xrhsqpt.jpg

IMG_0282_zpsmurr5stm.jpg

Of course with my signature Ivoroid Tuner Knob upgrade!!
IMG_0281_zpsoutgpz1t.jpg

Killer Brazilian Board
IMG_0285_zpsrbxfzxts.jpg

Sweetness!
IMG_0286_zps8nykohkf.jpg

I *LOVE* the grain in Korina!!
IMG_0290_zpspxtz0p35.jpg

Cool knot in the grain.
IMG_0289_zpsyvwekekg.jpg

Thick body! Dig that about the 594. Makes for good tone... ;)
IMG_0283_zps2f6xemkz.jpg

I dig the contrast between the dark red top and the very light Korina Body!
IMG_0292_zps1nwzzzyo.jpg

(Yes, I got a new chair recently as well!) :)

Ugh, now I have the korina drools. o_O And curiosity has set in about a korina body that thick...never played one. Thanks Pete. :rolleyes:

:cool:

So how does a full korina guitar sound different from the standard wood materials of the same exact build?

Superb. Bet that Korina is a perfect tonal match for this model. Congrats!

Damnit! I just gave someone else the "best looking 594" award... I LOVE red!.

Ok, you're now the title holder. :p

HNGD.

Thanks guys, for the kind comments! I totally love it!

Sweet, man. Can't wait to see the next one!

Okay, here you go!

DSC_7675.jpg

DSC_7679.jpg

On hold with Brian G, bringing it home later this month. With my current love-fest with Korina, I couldn't resist, Black Limba / Korina Body, Korina Neck, and a Trem!

I am losing it a little right now, I know...

:)

Wait, you have a grey black fade?!?

This old thing?

Black%20Fade%20Front%201_zpsh8gplohp.jpg

Black%20Fade%20Back%202_zpsqxgmytjm.jpg

Seems like forever ago, that was page 56 of the McCarty 594 Love Thread, we are are 61 now. (But somehow still only two weeks ago...) ;)

Ugh, now I have the korina drools. o_O And curiosity has set in about a korina body that thick...never played one. Thanks Pete. :rolleyes:

:cool:

Ha! IMO Korina matches very nicely with the formula of the 594, with the thick body and the beefy neck! Love the way it resonates...

So how does a full korina guitar sound different from the standard wood materials of the same exact build?
It's got a slightly brighter, spankier midrange than mahogany. Similar but a little more lively.

Yes, I would say that is a good description. It is subtle, it still sounds like that Mahogany Body, Mahogany Neck, Maple Top, Rosewood Board ballpark, with with its own special mojo going on. I think of it as a "sizzle" in the mids. I don't normally like "bright", I like "dark". To me this is still on the dark side, especially the way I dial my amps in with the presence and treble down, but with some sizzle in there to give it some extra tastiness. Especially for the crunchy tones.

Damnit! I just gave someone else the "best looking 594" award... I LOVE red!.

Ok, you're now the title holder. :p

HNGD.

Thanks! I am not usually a "Red Guitar" kind of guy, but I dig this one. The top is beautiful but kind of subtle, and the Red is a darker red, in contrast with the light Korina Body and Neck and the Ivory Binding, Pickup Rings and Tuner Knobs, I think it looks pretty classy...

Another N5D for me, I loved the Grey Black Fade Righteous Guitars Wood Library Korina 594 so darn much, I needed another one! Holy cow, Korina makes for great tone!

This one is in Red Tiger, nice quilt top!

Ben at Righteous is awesome to work with! He suggested "how about we wire this one up out-of-phase to mix it up from the other one"? He didn't even know that I am a HUGE Peter Green fan, and coincidentally I have been listening to nothing but Peter Green bluesy stuff (his work with John Mayall, and the early Fleetwood Mac stuff) nonstop for about 6 months.

Sounds great with the out-of-phase tones!

I have had an AMAZING time this year experiencing the 594 model, but these last two Korina ones are taking it to a new level for me, I just love the tone, the subtly different way they sound, and resonate. They look great too! But for me it is mostly about the way they sound and feel.

IMG_0280_zps1xrhsqpt.jpg

IMG_0282_zpsmurr5stm.jpg

Of course with my signature Ivoroid Tuner Knob upgrade!!
IMG_0281_zpsoutgpz1t.jpg

Killer Brazilian Board
IMG_0285_zpsrbxfzxts.jpg

Sweetness!
IMG_0286_zps8nykohkf.jpg

I *LOVE* the grain in Korina!!
IMG_0290_zpspxtz0p35.jpg

Cool knot in the grain.
IMG_0289_zpsyvwekekg.jpg

Thick body! Dig that about the 594. Makes for good tone... ;)
IMG_0283_zps2f6xemkz.jpg

I dig the contrast between the dark red top and the very light Korina Body!
IMG_0292_zps1nwzzzyo.jpg

(Yes, I got a new chair recently as well!) :)

Pete, you usually have a superb taste for guitars, but this one is INSANE :eek::eek::eek:
I love the colour, the top, the contrast... WOW

You are quite the trail blazer Pete, I hope PRS will take Heed and make a production 594 Trem (what's the color BTW?)
Congrats on both additions they are spectacular

Back