My Se Guitar is Killin' it!!!

sergiodeblanc

I have been bringing my SE Orianthi to a bunch of Trap and Reggae sessions as well as using it a ton for my own album.... This guitar rules!!! Sure it's tricked out with a 5-way and DII's along with other various upgrades, but this guitar totally holds its own ground amongst my other PRS. I am really diggin' the korina-ebony-maple combo! I can't say enough about the over-all functionality of the PRS design.... What a unique and killer guitar!

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

I really have to go "all the way" with this guitar, I gotta get a USA trem and some winged tuners for this one!

I agree, Dragon 2s are underrated! I was very happy with mine until on a whim I tried DGTs.

I don't think I'm man enough to rock a red sparkle guitar like that. When did the specs change? They're all scarlet red see through flamey now.

Sweet guitar my friend!!! Can you give me a little rundown on the D II's? I'm curious about the overall sonic spectrum they cover... Clean sound, tapped, Hi-Gain, what's the "vibe" of those?

A friend of mine is selling his 20th Anniversary Cu24 and it has those in it. My ignorance on those pups is really the only issue holding me back from making an offer...

Nice whip! DII's rock. Is that a sweet switch?

Nah, it's a "Sour" switch! ;) It's just a kill switch, I can't live without the Ace Frehley "Ah. ah. ah." trick!

It's a very cool guitar, Sergio!

You Know It! There was nothing like it in the USA line until the new artist package, even with that I'm not sure you can get Korina and maple.

I don't think I'm man enough to rock a red sparkle guitar like that. When did the specs change? They're all scarlet red see through flamey now.

I believe they only lasted the first year with this finish, not a lot of dudes can rock a guitar this "girly" but I'm a special case. (but you all knew that already!) The funny thing is I tend to bring it to sessions and shows that are hyper-masculine, Rasta's and hip-hop MC's are not really known for their tolerance of "alternative lifestyles" :girl: I think I bring it just to make them uncomfortable!

Can you give me a little rundown on the D II's? I'm curious about the overall sonic spectrum they cover... Clean sound, tapped, Hi-Gain, what's the "vibe" of those?

A friend of mine is selling his 20th Anniversary Cu24 and it has those in it. My ignorance on those pups is really the only issue holding me back from making an offer...

I would say they are of the "modern" variety, more similar to my HFS/VB set than the McCarty pups, I feel the bridge has a tiny bit of "mud" compared to the HFS so for highly articulate "metal" tones it isn't my favorite, but for square wave fuzz kind of tones "think "Who's that Lady" by the Isley Brothers" the added "mush" is beneficial. Coil-tapped and clean is what keeps me coming back, I'm not sure if it's the "snap" of the ebony board and the "smoothness" of set neck on the "O", but the clean tones are (for my tastes) fantastic! I may be smokin' too much crack, but I swear the covers add a certain "glassyness" to the sound. Great guitar for a very reasonable cost, even with upgrades.

Is that the Fergio Signature model?

Some of the SE models are really stand-alone guitars, they are simply SE versions of the US built guitars. I'm glad to see them getting some lovin'

Is that the Fergio Signature model?

It's kind of turning out that way! I initially got it so I could have a guitar I was comfortable enough with leaving at the club or in the back of the van, but it has now turned into a favorite. The only thing I would change of the "Fergio" edition would be the color... sparkled pink would take it to another level!!!

There still seem to be a few of these floating around, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another if something happened to this one.

Back