My PRS Tremonti/Orange amp tones.

Falcon1

So I've never been more excited about any guitar or amp I've owned until I bought my Fire Red Burst Tremonti new in 2010 and a jim root terror amp a couple of years ago. I do incorporate clean tone in my music and was concerned about owning a single channel amp. But rolling back the volume on the neck pickup of the Tremonti, I've got the best clean tones I've been able to produce.
For recording, I feel very strongly about using what an amp and guitar have to offer in sound quality and trying to capture that sound directly onto the recording. As I've found out, and sure most of you know, this is a very hard task if you're not sure what your doing. I have upgraded my recording gear recently, a mac book, sm 57 and a universal audio interface. This really truly helped LOL. So after all the struggling, research and upgrading i ask that you check out the sounds I've got so far from the Tremonti/Jim Root terror combination. Hope you enjoy.

Go to www.reverbnation.com/bridgesburning3

Are all the guitars on "The Unknown" the Tremonti/Orange combo? Very nice!

I use the same combo (at times - I switch up a bit). I love the Tremonti/Root combination (into an Orange 4x12, at least so far). I thought I might pop a set of \m/ pups into the Tremonti, but so far, I'm happy w/the sound and haven't felt the need to change it up.

Are all the guitars on "The Unknown" the Tremonti/Orange combo? Very nice!

Thank you and yes all guitars were that combination. "Send You Home" was my first go around with the new recording gear and i used post eq on all the guitars. "The Unknown", I didn't use anything (Plug-ins or EQ). Just tracked the two main guitars and panned them hard left and right. Then I layered a third guitar in the pre chorus and chorus and panned it to the left about 45-50%. Then the last guitar track was just octaves panned the same way as the third but only to the right. I'm still experimenting with things as far as recording techniques. Its such a learning process.
As far as the tremonti, if god himself built me a guitar it would have to be this one. It's my number one period. LOL. I am digging the jim root. Even at 15 watts, I keep up with any band no problem. Thanks for the reply and listening.

I think the mix on SYH is a little better, but the tones on both are quite good. Like I needed something else to aspire to!

Hey everyone,
thanks for listening.

I think the mix on SYH is a little better, but the tones on both are quite good. Like I needed something else to aspire to!

I was worried that it wasn't a good mix...glad you think that it is.:top:

Both songs sound great!
One day I may get a new Tremonti since they do not offer the 250 anymore except for Artist Package or Private Stock.

Sounds excellent...mix is great. I had the 30W two channel terror a while back and couldn't get a bad sound out of it. I dig the "Here I Stand" track. Good stuff. That creamy Orange grind is awesome.

Hello to all, we just finished another track and posted it. "In your wake" is the song title. Thanks again for all the kind words and taking a moment of your day (or night...lol) to listen. It is greatly appreciated. Hope you all enjoy as the prs guitars continue to deliver the best tones I've ever been able to get on recording.

Lol...I hope that's not sarcasm jorj.
You know I never noticed how dumb of a statement that was until now. It kinda of obvious haha. Every guitarist wants to capture there sound.
When I first saw your post I thought of the kool aid man. Anyway, hope you enjoyed. :p

Back