My own PS Friday

Mine as well! - I got distracted by these 594s though - this will use the Pattern Vintage neck carve, best of both worlds?

Thanks! I guess that answers whether you an see the pics now!

Choosing among 7 tops was more difficult than I was expecting! Tina and James thought this was the best for what I was shooting for (Brent Moss style 'tubular' top) plus the color combo and after squinting at my computer screen for all of 5 minutes I agreed with them. In general my default was to follow their recommendations since 1) they're experts! 2) they've done this before and 3) they were actually in the room and I wasn't! One day I'll get there!

I know what you mean, when they asked me to choose a top I... .wait..no, I have no idea what that's like...is it kinda like when they ask me if I want fries with that? No? Then I have no idea, no Idea at all what that's like...

I know what you mean, when they asked me to choose a top I... .wait..no, I have no idea what that's like...is it kinda like when they ask me if I want fries with that? No? Then I have no idea, no Idea at all what that's like...

I hear ya. I look at my 3 maple top PRS guitars and think of how beautiful they are. But some of these PS are just nuts.

I'd treat this guitar like I would have treated Farrah Fawcett when I was in high school... it's so beautiful I'd be afraid to touch it. But once I did I could never take my hands off of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
More like if you were told you had to pick one chip, and only one, out of the bag.
This captures some of the anxiety of choosing among the beautiful pieces they have - almost the 'tyranny of choice' induced analysis paralysis. I decided ahead of time to trust the experts unless my gut told me no. My gut only said I needed more coffee (been up since 4am) so I felt good about their recommendations and my choices. I only have about 7-9 months left to obsess about them so I'm cool with that.

Sweet! I hope all your dreams come true with it!

WOW! But dude it's blue...wait a minute...I'm calling BS! Okay who ever this is you better bring our friend Sergio back unharmed!!! Nice try, aliens , kidnappers, Chicago mob people who ever you are! We all know Sergio has a serious issue with blue guitars no matter how frigging cool and awesome they are! We are demanding his safe and speedy return or we are coming for you! Hang in there Sergio we'll find ya buddy!!!

WOW! But dude it's blue...wait a minute...I'm calling BS! Okay who ever this is you better bring our friend Sergio back unharmed!!! Nice try, aliens , kidnappers, Chicago mob people who ever you are! We all know Sergio has a serious issue with blue guitars no matter how frigging cool and awesome they are! We are demanding his safe and speedy return or we are coming for you! Hang in there Sergio we'll find ya buddy!!!

Nah, man. Blue guitars ain't for me, but I sincerely want everybody to get their dream guitar, whatever color it may be.

Nah, man. Blue guitars ain't for me, but I sincerely want everybody to get their dream guitar, whatever color it may be.

BAM! That's what I'm talkin about Sergio! This is exactly what I mean when I tell the redhead that she just doesn't get it! The banter and the twisted humor is awesome but the coolest part about it this forum is the members that make it bad ass! Its pretty freakin awesome just how supportive and helpful everybody is and how passionate we all are about these amazing guitars and gear. I'll admit, being a newb was a bit intimidating, but you guys made me feel right at home (like hanging out in my underwear eating doritos at home) from the jump! That my friends is as cool as it gets! For that I raise my glass and say to you all...SALUTE!

Back