My gripe about PRS amps...ALL of 'em!

The chances that PRS will custom build you a cab are exactly zero, so you should definitely look around and find what you want.

Sounds like a challenge! hahaha No, the cabinets I have now are fantastic and with the exception of the Marshall 1960b cabinet, they all have Vintage 30's in them. Once upon a time I wanted to try V30's and now they are coming out my ears. But whenever I wander off into fantasy land, I think to myself, what if I were endorsed by some company who provides amps? Wouldn't it be nice to have the amp and cabinet be matching brands? Yes, I've seen some big acts with mismatched heads and cabinets but I think about how it would look nicer if they matched. I know looks don't matter from a technical standpoint but I do have a LOT of really good looking guitars if you know what I mean. I suppose I could just take the name plates off or make a PRS name plate and stick it on there for cosmetic enhancement hahahaha

I'll still talk to them at the factory this year but it's not like a huge problem I need to have solved since I do already have perfectly good working cabinets now. I'd like to buy some PRS cabinets but this has been a discussion on why I am not currently inclined to buy any in the foreseeable future. Now if they ever decide to come out with a "PRS Road Dog" series of cabinets with just the right amount of beefy hardware as previously described, that would be great! I say "just the right amount" because Fender once came out with a "Metalhead" 4x12 cabinet with reinforced steel everywhere. I once owned one of those cabinets and it was indestructible but it was also brutally heavy and I sold it.

Now if they ever decide to come out with a "PRS Road Dog" series of cabinets with just the right amount of beefy hardware as previously described, that would be great! I say "just the right amount" because Fender once came out with a "Metalhead" 4x12 cabinet with reinforced steel everywhere. I once owned one of those cabinets and it was indestructible but it was also brutally heavy and I sold it.

Funny that you mention this, maybe 20 or so years ago I had a Mesa Bass 400+ and one of their "Road Ready" bass cabs; the cab was built like a road case with extruded aluminum edges, formica surfaces over the wood, and ball joint corners, plus it had a front panel of the same stuff that could be removed. I had them also send me a matching road case rack for the head (at the time, in addition to the "road ready" cabs, Mesa offered road case racks; the rack-within-a-rack was welded steel suspended from the wooden sides with rubber military style shock mounts!). This stuff was absolutely indestructible, but you definitely needed helpers. It was heavy beyond belief.

Looked cool as hell sitting in my studio, though.

Back