My first thread, 98' PRS CE24.

Garita

Hi guys,
Im new here, and Im from Costa Rica. My english its not very good so pardon me. :biggrin:

The thing is, some guy around here is now selling this guitar but I dont know nothing about them, although I've heard very good things.

The price is ¢560.000(1000 US Dollars) , What do you think? Great deal or not?

Some photos:

2pu0g0m.jpg

ztepau.jpg

fcmipg.jpg

2132f5k.jpg

Thanks!

I'd pay that much for a CE I liked in the states... So considering what I hear it's like buying outside of the US I'd say it's a great deal for you. Go get it! Welcome aboard.

Great! Thanks!

I looked for it on Ebay and found prices like around $2.000 or even more so I though it wasnt the same model that we have here. Still a litlle bit confusing. But seems like a good deal, thank you for your help!

I'll be using this forum regularly from now on :)

Last edited:
My first PRS is also a '98 CE24 :) Although it is in green.

I have had trouble bonding with the tones from time to time, I think it is due to the pickups which are not for everybody. I find that they work very differently for different amplifiers. Playing around with the tone and volume knobs is recommended :) I do like playing it now, but it took some time to get there, I guess.

MANY people think CEs are some of the best guitars PRS has made, so I am sure it's just me being weird. Bu when buying used, you shouldn't take too much of a hit on the price if you decide to pass it on, so give it a try :)

And welcome!

That's is a fair price for a CE, cheap for where I am -UK. So yes, I'd jump at it.

Thank you all!

Today I'll see the guitar, maybe tonight. If everything it's okay the deal is done! :)

Question:

I dont understand how the five-position rotary switch works with the humbuckers, does that work like a split coil?

Thanks!

Here are the 5 positions of the rotary switch:

ROTARY POSITIONS

• Position 10: Treble pickup
  • Position 9: Outside coils- deep and clear - parallel
  • Position 8: Series single coils – Warm version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
  • Position 7: Parallel single coils – Crisp version of the "in between the treble and middle pickups"
  • Position 6: Bass pickup

To my ears, position 9 has the character of the bridge & middle position on a Strat. Position 7 reminds me of the middle position on a Telecaster. Neither is exactly that, but that's how I would describe them.

Best of luck! Hope you bring it home. My first PRS was a '97 CE24, which I still have. It has been my main gigging guitar off and on over the last few years.

Wow, so many tone options! I can't wait to play it, I couldnt do it today so I have to wait until saturday, sucks haha. Thanks for the information!

Back