Mt15 dead already

If the mains fuse is blown, no power will make it to the amp. If the HT fuse is broken, there will be power but no power supply to the amp circuit and no sound. Loud sound could be a bad tube, bad filter cap, lots of things. Are any of your tubes redplating?

If the mains fuse is blown, no power will make it to the amp. If the HT fuse is broken, there will be power but no power supply to the amp circuit and no sound. Loud sound could be a bad tube, bad filter cap, lots of things. Are any of your tubes redplating?
Ix-nay on the elp-hay, I’ve got $12 riding on this!

It still lights up, im assuming if fuse was popped it would not .. is there another fuse to check?
There are many things you can check before assuming the amp has gone sour. Ok, tubes is the first thing to check, than you can try if bridging the FX loop solves the problem, then check the fuses (there are 3 fuses inside), then look for bad cables or bad soldering jobs and retouch if needed ... ... ... and take a look at Rob Robinette's site about tube amp troubleshooting. If nothing works try servicing it at PRS or some other qualified service shop if it does not cost too much for ya pocket. I found that the amp can have some minor issues like bad FX loop pcb jack sockets and replaced them with another pair (will probably do all of the jack sockets one day if need be) and man I tell ya, I don't know if it is just coincidence or what, but now it is partytime excellent sounding, extra low noise level for a beast like that, tight and defined and so on ... but I have fiddled with it a lot last year to understand the how and whys. It is now a few months later from when I "fixed" it and all is good, although I must say I have not yet pushed it really hard but all that was bothering me before is gone. I have to also add that the symptoms were strange at first and it took me a while to correctly diagnose and pinpoint the cause. Hope you find your thorn and pull it out, I know the amp is not the peak of what tube amp have to offer nowadays, but I would say it is worth having it (if you buy one with a flaw that can be fixed or one without flaws) and I am glad I bought it, would also buy it again as I think it is a very good sounding and fairly versatile tube amp, I also made a custom back for the 12x2 (V30+Jensen Elect.Lightning) that pairs well with the amp. Hope the PCB type build lasts as good as the old school build.

Last edited:
you want to sell it because a tube went out?

Once upon a time it took everything I had to buy one of those Orange lunchbox amps (brand new at full retail price). Got it home, plugged it in and it had some sort of really bad problem (sound cutting in and out randomly or something like that. It was a really long time ago.) I returned it and had to choose a different amp from available inventory (whether I liked the amp or not). The incident freaked me out so bad that to this day I will adamantly refuse to buy ANY ORANGE amplifier product of any kind.

Once upon a time it took everything I had to buy one of those Orange lunchbox amps (brand new at full retail price). Got it home, plugged it in and it had some sort of really bad problem (sound cutting in and out randomly or something like that. It was a really long time ago.) I returned it and had to choose a different amp from available inventory (whether I liked the amp or not). The incident freaked me out so bad that to this day I will adamantly refuse to buy ANY ORANGE amplifier product of any kind.
This could be one of the stories in the legendary “Night on earth” movie … got PTSD from agent Orange, only played acoustic guitars from then on and buried the dream of becoming a rock legend :D

Ive been waiting for a transformer for mine for 14 months dont hold your breathe think they are like Bic razors
I hope all is well. PRS will take care of you, regardless.

As an aside...I won't buy an amp made in China. They often cut corners. I don't believe that PRS would knowingly allow that, but...could happen. I'm also a Ukraine supporter, and China supports Russia.

I hope all is well. PRS will take care of you, regardless.

As an aside...I won't buy an amp made in China. They often cut corners. I don't believe that PRS would knowingly allow that, but...could happen. I'm also a Ukraine supporter, and China supports Russia.
Les, with all respect ... I`d prefer if we leave the politics far far away from this forum ... the US does not have a good track record.

Les, with all respect ... I`d prefer if we leave the politics far far away from this forum ... the US does not have a good track record.
Boo.
You don’t know the history, nor the work Les has done in regards to the Ukraine and his posts ON THIS FORUM in support of it.
Maybe troll something else. Somewhere else.
Especially when you’re pointing your fingers at the US by way of picking a fight.
F@ckin troll.

Boo.
You don’t know the history, nor the work Les has done in regards to the Ukraine and his posts ON THIS FORUM in support of it.
Maybe troll something else. Somewhere else.
Especially when you’re pointing your fingers at the US by way of picking a fight.
F@ckin troll.
Really? Troll? Did I say anything false? Have I used bad language? Did I insult anyone? C`mon McMahon, you gotta chill a bit, it is you that is starting a fight with words like F@cking troll and so on ... what is true though is that I do not know the work Les has done. nor did I say anything bad about Les, I respect him as a member of this forum and do not have anything against him. It is nice to see that someone has stood up for him, but in a very unappropriate manner if you ask me, and I also think that Les knows how to fight his own fights, if there were any. So I`ll stop here cause I do not want to get in political debates with aggresive people on forums I use for constructive and musical stuff that make my life more enjoyable.

I tend to think of politics as partisan stuff within my country, and not international politics. Whether that's reasonable or not is one question, but in my opinion, a brutal invasion conducted for no reason doesn't seem within the realm of normal politics at all. It's just wrong. It's also wrong for a country like China to appease Russia and promote its lies.

However, yes, you did say something false: Your reference to the US not having a good track record is demonstrably untrue.

Without the US and its policy of Lend-Lease to sustain Britain and the Soviet Union in the early years before we entered WWII, Europe would still be under Nazi hegemony. This was acknowledged by Churchill and by Stalin in a speech to the Politburo. In fact, without the US leading the victory against Japan, 1/3 of china would be under a brutal Japanese rule, or at least a Japanese puppet state. Axis-controlled and occupied territory included Slovenia (Nazi Germany, Italy and Hungary).

Without the Marshall Plan, which was offered not only to so-called 'Western' nations, but also to Eastern Europe (and declined due to Russian influence and communist takeovers), there would have been decades-long instability and poverty in Europe after WWII. The US is the underpinning bulwark of NATO and SEATO, two alliances that have done much to prevent more World Wars - after 1945 there was nearly 80 years of peace in Europe until the Ukraine invasion - and are largely helpful to world peace. Slovenia joined NATO in 2004, and enjoys our protection from countries like Russia.

Ask yourself this: Would you want the US to walk away from these alliances, and walk away from the UN and its organizations, leaving the rest of the world alone, to fend for themselves? Lots of folks here would be happy to do just that (I'm not one of them).

The US has been a huge support for the UN, the World Bank, the IMF, the World Health Organization, and many others.

It's difficult to argue with the proposition that Saddam Hussein's attempt to take over Kuwait was a violation of international law, and without the US it wouldn't have been prevented.

Love or hate the Afghanistan result, it's pretty clear that the Taliban government allowed terrorists to inhabit its territory unmolested, resulting In the 9-11 attack on New York, and there certainly would have been others all over the globe.

The US' contribution to the defense of Ukraine absolutely dwarfs the contributions of other countries, both in dollars so Ukraine can operate as a country and feed its people, and in military hardware. We just passed authorization for tens of billions more in help of various kinds. Certainly Slovenia has done much for refugees, and has helped in many ways, but where would Ukraine be without US support?

Yes, it can be shown that from time to time, the US has erred. The US will continue to err, as will all countries run by human beings. We are far from perfect. But. We. Try.

The US has shown itself over many decades to be more of a positive force in the world for stability and peace than a destabilizing force like Russia, and increasingly, China. You may or may not like us, but our hearts are more often than not in the right place, and it's our military power that does a pretty good job of helping to deter aggression in the world, saving other countries from having to expend their national treasures and lives doing so.

I'm kind of tired of criticism of my country. Ask yourself whether your own country has done more to prevent aggression and help the entire world where it's needed before criticizing mine.

The US should be thanked, not admonished, for its worldwide presence - goodness knows it has cost us treasure, blood and sacrifice in many different eras, and in many places. Does a stable world help the US? Certainly. It also helps the vast majority of countries in the world, and has served humanity in mostly positive ways.

Moreover, I don't have to be a xenophobe or nationalist to show a little national pride. That said, I'm not angry with you, because the US is the object of criticism all the time, in spite of the good we do, and because people who aren't historians tend to have very short memories.

Last edited:
Ok, I see that I have stirred a lot of eggs here and that was never my intention ... you made good points Les and what I am saying is just that there is blood on every governments hands, especially true for big countries, and just to clarify, I am deeply against the Russian invasion of Ukraine, I could not believe it when I first heard of it, it was/is a **** move of major proportions and a catastrophe for the people living there, I am always against wars of any kind if that is possible.

I'll leave it at that, apologise for my reckless words, should have thought about is some 10 sec longer before writing anything, and hope we can let this be the end of that and return to tubes, OT's and MT15's, I really have no intention to continue this debate, thank you and please.

Ok, I see that I have stirred a lot of eggs here and that was never my intention ... you made good points Les and what I am saying is just that there is blood on every governments hands, especially true for big countries, and just to clarify, I am deeply against the Russian invasion of Ukraine, I could not believe it when I first heard of it, it was/is a **** move of major proportions and a catastrophe for the people living there, I am always against wars of any kind if that is possible.

I'll leave it at that, apologise for my reckless words, should have thought about is some 10 sec longer before writing anything, and hope we can let this be the end of that and return to tubes, OT's and MT15's, I really have no intention to continue this debate, thank you and please.
We're good. I wasn't angry, I just wanted to clear the air.

Back