Motorcycle Riders..Let's SEE 'em!

Well the snow and ice would ground me but not the temps..Of course I have a fairing and electric windshield so I'd probably feel different without it! LOL
The temps, to me are a matter of how many layers I got to wear.

In my Sport touring riding circles, some of these guys are mile eaters galore..and I mean EAT them..The most of know of in a single year was my Ohio friend Mac, 87,000 miles in ONE GADDAM YEAR! on his 06 ST1300.. (His girlfrield lived in San Diego, he road every corner of the country and Canada constantly that year.. Must be nice to be retired with some dough...

These guys were hard core man... aka, on a whim, he lets ride 'over to Washington State (from CT) I need to drop by so and so's house...

I've ridden from 29 Palms to Daytona and back on an 86 Ninja1000 a number of times....Stumps to Salinas every year for the USGP or World Superbike, NC to Daytona a number of years...and for prolly 3-4 years we would do a 600 mile round trip at least once a month on a sunday afternoon to go ride the Blue Ridge while living here in Raleigh...I actually ride WAY less now that I own a Harley than I ever did on my sportbikes...there were a number of years when I was stationed in California that I didnt own a car, just a bike...however I still LOVE seeing show bikes that really cant be ridden much but look AWESOME....

I mean honestly look at sportbikes....they are WAYYY worse....take pretty much any Ducati in the last 10 years or so and you will find the Termi Exhaust, the programmed chip, and some Marchesini wheels and the guy says he "Customized" it....
At least these are "performance" add ons. How much performance do you get out of 50lbs of chrome! :dontknow:

:beer:

Last edited:
I still LOVE seeing show bikes that really cant be ridden much but look AWESOME....
Agree..not my thing personally and its doesnt make sense why one would bother dumping so much money into a garage queen/ass candy, but I still apreciate the time, effort and beauty..

Hell the only way I wash my bike is ride it in the rain LOL...If its nice enough to wash it, its nice enough to go ride.

At least these are "performance" add ons. How much performance do you get out of 50lbs of chrome! :dontknow:

:beer:

Harleys (or at least ones ridden on the street) are hardly performance type bikes...I mean on half of them a 40% increase in power (that would probably require turbo on a street bike) STILL nets you a 700lb bike with less than 100 hp..LOLOL

Its more a labor of love than anything else....whether its appearance or performance...its still time spent in the garage working on your BIKE rather than at the office, bar, or whatever else wastes peoples time. Even on my sportbikes I loved the time I spent out in the garage with some tunes playing, polishing my wheels, levers, whatever appearance stuff I did to the thing....I always considered anytime at all I spent with my bike, whether it was riding or tinkering with it was better than pretty much 70% of anything else I could be doing...

Take my wife for instance....no matter how great she is performance wise....I still want her to look good....:rock:

One HUGE sacriledge in my book WHATEVER the ride, unless its broken or your are touring the country in an RV with your family, dont EVER, EVER put it in a trailer! Trailer a 30k bike 3 hours to drive it a mile down the road, park it all day and stare at it...WTF!??? IMO, trailers are for snowmobiles...ride there or dont go.

I've got a patch on one of my leather vests which reads "Nice trailer, Yuppy."

Harleys (or at least ones ridden on the street) are hardly performance type bikes...I mean on half of them a 40% increase in power (that would probably require turbo on a street bike) STILL nets you a 700lb bike with less than 100 hp..LOLOL

Its more a labor of love than anything else....whether its appearance or performance...its still time spent in the garage working on your BIKE rather than at the office, bar, or whatever else wastes peoples time. Even on my sportbikes I loved the time I spent out in the garage with some tunes playing, polishing my wheels, levers, whatever appearance stuff I did to the thing....I always considered anytime at all I spent with my bike, whether it was riding or tinkering with it was better than pretty much 70% of anything else I could be doing...

Take my wife for instance....no matter how great she is performance wise....I still want her to look good....:rock:
I'm with you. Any time with the bike is good time. I unfortunately don't ride much any more. Both bikes are in need of some repair and I have been neglecting them. I have a small garage and have to move my car to get to the bikes and that's the problem. When I get in the car I can't seem to get back out to get to the bikes!

20gzal0.jpg

:creep:

IMG_0336_zpsd34a1ef5.jpg

just bought my secoond bike about 4 months ago its a 2013 ducati 1199 s just broke 1k lol nice bike but uncomfortable as all hell lol but heres mine!

Do not go and look at the fighter F131. It is mental.

The first confederate motorcycle I ever saw nearly cost me my life. I was screaming down from the Black Hills during the 60th Sturgis rally and a guy rode past me on a long curve. By the time my eyes went back to the road I was almost in the ditch. Needless to say, they are really something to behold.

Here's my favorite from that manufacturer.

r135_wraith.jpg

The Hell Cat is pretty nice too.

X132-Hellcat-2.jpg

Last edited:
]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;116017 said:
The first confederate motorcycle I ever saw nearly cost me my life. I was screaming down from the Black Hills during the 60th Sturgis rally and a guy rode past me on a long curve. By the time my eyes went back to the road I was almost in the ditch. Needless to say, they are really something to behold.

Interesting. I have a poster of the first Hellcat on my wall, but it was the Wraith that really captivated me. The wife took me to visit the factory for my birthday to see how they worked and to consider signing up to get one of the 10 that were planned for delivery Halloween, of corse including a parade through the French Quarter. A few months later Katrina hit.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;116017 said:

r135_wraith.jpg

X132-Hellcat-2.jpg

Wow! I've never seen those before.

Back