Motorcycle Riders..Let's SEE 'em!

Screw it, let's ride!

You're darn tootin!
You're are on the doorstep of some might fine roads down where you are..
Love me the Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherahola Skyway..Western North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia..yum yum!

Some nice ones up my way in New England but just not the expanse.

My ride back in 1976 (Honda CR125)

405979625.jpg

And now I ride an even older bike. 1975 Kawasaki 500 triple. All these years later, it still feels fast 0-85 mph or so, but the best part is the huge cloud of blue smoke you leave everyone in, and the whine of the 2 stroke coming on the pipe. Now THATS a tone to my ears that not even a PRS into a Dumble can touch. :rock:

402052903.jpg

Last edited:
Wedge,
Riding up to Bennington, VT tomorrow AM for lunch. You want in?
You can probably get away with it on your bike as long as you have some good riding gear.

Have to take a rain check, my weekends fill up and short notice day long solo ventures don't sit well with the family. We will for sure get a ride in soon though. Maybe a quick ride down the road to Harry's for a burger?

I have owned a few Harley's. 2 Honda's a Suzuki & a Kawasaki, but currently I just ride one of my girls Vespa's. It a 250 & I've had it up to 75. Love it! Took a ride down the Natchez Trace over the summer & it was a great ride.

I have owned a few Harley's. 2 Honda's a Suzuki & a Kawasaki, but currently I just ride one of my girls Vespa's. It a 250 & I've had it up to 75. Love it! Took a ride down the Natchez Trace over the summer & it was a great ride.

I know the fun that can be had on a 250.....I take my wife's ninja 250 out for snhits and giggles once in a while...It is A LOT OF GIGGLES!!! FUN little ride.

That's it! We'll form a new MC (motorcycle club) called The Riders of Large Black (or black looking from a distance) American Made Touring Motorcycles Who Also Own Black/Gold Maryland Made PRS Custom 24 Guitars... of America. Or ROLBAMTMWAOBGMMPRSC24OA for shotrt.

hahahaha
Hell yeah. I'm in. Tweakin' the sig.

Sorry no pics but I have a 1994 suzuki rf900 my wife and I travel on plus a 1999 zx9r for me to play on. No riding this year, real bummer.

So Cooooooool ride up to Bennington...
Out at 6:40 AM and the temp guage told me it was 27... It 'warmed up' to mid 50s for the ride home.
Got home around 3:30. A good day.

So Cooooooool ride up to Bennington...
Out at 6:40 AM and the temp guage told me it was 27... It 'warmed up' to mid 50s for the ride home.
Got home around 3:30. A good day.

I draw the line at 25 degrees Fahrenheit these days. I've ridden in colder but it seems to me that 25 degrees is that magic number where things really begin to get exponentially bad for both rider and machine. It's kinda like the motorcycle equivelent of what mountain climbers call "the death zone" when they try to climb Mt. Everest. Yeah you can ride in colder temperatures than 25 but there is so much more that can go horribly wrong.

I draw the line at 25 degrees Fahrenheit these days. I've ridden in colder but it seems to me that 25 degrees is that magic number where things really begin to get exponentially bad for both rider and machine. It's kinda like the motorcycle equivelent of what mountain climbers call "the death zone" when they try to climb Mt. Everest. Yeah you can ride in colder temperatures than 25 but there is so much more that can go horribly wrong.

I've never really worried about my bike in the cold...Its really road conditions etc. A lot of my friends have heated gear that they just power off the bike's alternator.
But to your point, its really about the road conditions more than anything, (assuming you have the riding gear/weather protection ot stay warm)

In the winter when I do ride, I do change my riding style a LOT..no carving corners and back roads if avoidable.
I turn like a car and stay on main roads, they will be cleaner and wamer due to traffic.

I draw the line at 25 degrees Fahrenheit these days. (SNIP)
I'm about with you there... Diminishing returns. I don't do the heated gear thing (but I'm fine in chaps & layers anyway).

I think my big thing is salt... Once they start spreading salt, I'm pretty much done until it rains a bit.

I have to admit though -- I sort of get off on riding around in December cranking the holiday stuff on the stereo and just sort of nodding my head at stoplights. The looks you get from kids in minivans is precious. I'd actually love to do that in a Santa suit and have some candy-canes handy...

Remember the "Santa Sleigh" bike from Orange County Choppers Tv show?
I took a ride to their store once and saw it up close...Jesus the thing was 18 feet long! (exagerate a little ;-)

I have a picture of it somewhere at home.

Back