Motorcycle Riders..Let's SEE 'em!

Todd_FindingMyWay

So my other passion is riding.
I came into riding late in the game in 2004 with my first bike. A 1990 Yamaha Virago 750. I wasnt sure if I'd like riding. So that summer and 13,000 miles later, I'd say I was hooked! :top:
So in 2005 I bought the beast I am still on. A 2005 Honda ST1300. Its a funny sounding, smooth, fast and bullet proof V4 that pushes 125 horsepower. With a 7.7 gallon gas tank and an electrically adjustable windshield (up or down 7 inches with a push of a button) its got long legs and a good reach.
In the 109,000 miles I have on her today, she's taken me to 20 states and 3 provinces. Here's a few shots.
I'd love to see and hear about your rides! Whatever you got, ride safe! (The cagers are out there!)

Had this Honda VTR SP1/ RC51 since 2000 when I bought it new. Don't get out on it these days and will be up for sale soon but we have had some great times.

I started my other hobby in 1978 this is my latest toy I have had this one since 2005 fast and fun
The urge for a new bike is strong at this point :)

My latest is a 2011 HD Electraglide -- Sad riding season this year... I'll bet I've barely put 5k on the thing. And I'll ride till they start dumping salt on the streets as long as I have the time (which is the "sad" part this year).

On the bright side, it'll last me damn near forever at this rate... :mad:

Recent enough images so you get the idea...

page18-1000-full.jpg

page18-1010-full.jpg

page18-1009-full.jpg

My favorite thing in the world is going ridin with my son in the desert. Best father son time ever... Here's our bikes brraaaaaapppp

IMG_0319_zps27fe7174.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2011 Harley-Davidson Road Glide Custom.
I've changed the exhaust over to a "true dual" setup and the backrest and other accessories are detachable but this is a fairly acurate look at my bike.
6wmk.jpg

vyno.jpg

My ride is not exactly a looooong distance tourer like most of you guys but I can do a few hundred miles a day with out any problems. Love this thing. 2013 Victory Jackpot, all stock except for the pipes and stage 1 air filter kit and F.I. flash.

Love the rides guys..All good.. Wedge LOVE the paint on that thing. (Almost TOO pretty to ride!) ;-)
Was a chilly ride into work today...32 on the temp gauge..I start to get the funny looks on the highway and I know what they are saying/thinking "He must be freezing"
I think to myself, wait till its 15 degrees and mid January! LMAO...

Wedge,
Riding up to Bennington, VT tomorrow AM for lunch. You want in?
You can probably get away with it on your bike as long as you have some good riding gear.

Awesome! Whilst not really practical here in the UK this is my dream bike... love it!
My ride is not exactly a looooong distance tourer like most of you guys but I can do a few hundred miles a day with out any problems. Love this thing. 2013 Victory Jackpot, all stock except for the pipes and stage 1 air filter kit and F.I. flash.

..I start to get the funny looks on the highway and I know what they are saying/thinking "He must be freezing"
I think to myself, wait till its 15 degrees and mid January! LMAO...

That reminds me of question posed to me a few years ago while driving from NC to MA for Christmas. I stopped at a rest area in PA and while washing my hands a very senior man shuffled up to sink next to me and exclaimed "Good GOD BOY! You're not riding in this weather!?!?"

It was snowing lightly, with a bit from prior storms accumulated on ground. I was wearing warmest jacket I owned - my Willie G. thermal riding jacket. I laughed at first at being called "boy" at my middle age, then assured him that No, I was driving a car, but had nothing else warm to wear since I live in the south. The rest of the drive I kept thinking, 'I could be riding right now, it's not snowing that hard!'

That reminds me of question posed to me a few years ago while driving from NC to MA for Christmas. I stopped at a rest area in PA and while washing my hands a very senior man shuffled up to sink next to me and exclaimed "Good GOD BOY! You're not riding in this weather!?!?"

It was snowing lightly, with a bit from prior storms accumulated on ground. I was wearing warmest jacket I owned - my Willie G. thermal riding jacket. I laughed at first at being called "boy" at my middle age, then assured him that No, I was driving a car, but had nothing else warm to wear since I live in the south. The rest of the drive I kept thinking, 'I could be riding right now, it's not snowing that hard!'

Yeah I hear you. The only thing that tends to ground me is ICE/SNOW...
Its all about the humidity levels and temperature..
I am furtunate that my bike is a VERY good ride in most weather with the fairing and electric windshield. I would REALLY miss adjustable windshield feature when I move on from this bike.

Don't know if I'm the only one noticing a trend here, but of the HD owners (3 at this point) they're all 2011's, they're all black, they're all touring models and I for one have a Custom 24 in "Black Gold" (it's also a 2011, but that's beside the point) -- I see that HANGAR18's avatar appears to be ---- a Custom 24, also in Black Gold. I poked around MOBird's profile and although I couldn't find anything specific right off the bat, there's a photo of him playing what would appear to be a Custom 24 in Black Gold.

I'm just sayin...

ROFL Yeah I have a Black Gold 24, however! My Harley is Merlot Sunglow - kind of deep burgundy color that looks a bit purple in certain light. So it's not black, just looks it from that angle and distance.

That's it! We'll form a new MC (motorcycle club) called The Riders of Large Black (or black looking from a distance) American Made Touring Motorcycles Who Also Own Black/Gold Maryland Made PRS Custom 24 Guitars... of America. Or ROLBAMTMWAOBGMMPRSC24OA for shotrt.

hahahaha

NOT FAIR!

Guess I will have to charter the "SE Club" ;-)

That's it! We'll form a new MC (motorcycle club) called The Riders of Large Black (or black looking from a distance) American Made Touring Motorcycles Who Also Own Black/Gold Maryland Made PRS Custom 24 Guitars... of America. Or ROLBAMTMWAOBGMMPRSC24OA for shotrt.

hahahaha

Back