Motorcycle Riders..Let's SEE 'em!

I'm overdue to show my corners bike: 1 HP/kg for those who care about such things.
PeterFireblade.JPG

The sexiest motorcycle on this planet is the Ducati 916. When I first saw it in Cycle World I was in shock! When I saw it in person at the trade show in Chicago I was weak in the knees. A Ducati with performance exhaust is the sweetest sounding machine I have ever heard.

Having said that, I could never own a desmo head Ducati. Adjusting valves on a desmo head Duc every 6000-8000 miles translates into big dollars.

I did have a buddy with a TL 1000 S with a D&D full pipe. Very cool bike, lots of fun to ride. Kind of vague in the front end in hard corners but still fun.

The bike I miss the most? 1986 VFR 750. Had F-1 slipons that didn't add any power but it did turn heads. Sounded just like a V8 F-1 car. Almost forgot, I had put a Honda CBR600 F-2 rear wheel on it. Not only was the wheel lighter, I was able to switch to radial tires. Big improvement.

Last edited:
I picked up a 2007 victory hammer for $3200, because it wouldn't start. The fuel pump was stuck from sitting for a year with old shitty gas. So i jolted it a few times manually and got it to free up. After running some clean gas through it and a thorough cleaning, it runs well. I'm replacing all the cables next, because the throttle and cutch are pretty stiff.

once all the issues are sorted out, I'm installing a set of lloydz cams, torque tubes, 2:1 exhaust, and tune it with a power commander. It should make about 120/120 at the tire with a flat torque curve at that point, which is enough for me. It's already a blast to drive with the 100 cube, and the 6 speed is niiiiiice on the highway.

Yeah I am a victory fan too, see my ride in one of the first pages of this thread. You stole that thing!

Yea that's a pretty sweet jackpot.

Knowing what i know now it was a hell of a deal, but i took a huge gamble not seeing it run first with 38k miles on it.

Looks like you got a nice one there :)

I picked up a 2007 victory hammer for $3200, because it wouldn't start. The fuel pump was stuck from sitting for a year with old shitty gas. So i jolted it a few times manually and got it to free up. After running some clean gas through it and a thorough cleaning, it runs well. I'm replacing all the cables next, because the throttle and cutch are pretty stiff.

once all the issues are sorted out, I'm installing a set of lloydz cams, torque tubes, 2:1 exhaust, and tune it with a power commander. It should make about 120/120 at the tire with a flat torque curve at that point, which is enough for me. It's already a blast to drive with the 100 cube, and the 6 speed is niiiiiice on the highway.

Great score! Those Victory bikes are so well-balanced with the right side drive. It still looks odd to me, but it works.

Had it for 6 months and did a few things to it.

lowered it
got the best intake anyone makes (lloydz)
power commander
new tire (long overdue)
wrapped the headers

Last edited:

Here's my Boulevard. Unfortunately it was stolen out of storage last winter and pretty much destroyed cosmetically. It was recovered thanks to my buddies camera system and the idiot leaving one hell of a paper trail, I just haven't had the energy to fix it.

Back