Modern Eagle V vs Paul's Guitar

To me, the DGT is a completely different sort of guitar from the Pauls, 408, and MEV. To me, it feels and sounds more vintage Gibson (which, IIRC, the pickups were based on a set of his 335 pickups, but I could be wrong about that.)

I don't think there's any going wrong with the others. (Well, with any of them, really.) I want a DGT but my gut check is that it's closer to your Hollowbody than you'd expect. For general rock playing, I've found myself picking up my Custom 22 that has an HFS bridge humbucker. It's a great all around rock guitar for humbucker sounds.

I found that once I started treating my MEV like a Strat and not a Les Paul that I really bonded with it. The Paul's is somewhere in the middle of LP and Strat territory for me. I'm not sure I can compare the Paul's to anything. It's it's own beast entirely, but it can cover a lot of musical territory,

I think...the 408 might be the best compromise out of all of those, IMHO. I still might eventually end up with one even though I have a Pauls and MEV. :)

J
Thanks for the post. I'm more inclined to a guitar without tremolo, so Paul's guitar? I'll see...

Back