Modern Eagle V vs Paul's Guitar

jlf599

Hiya all!

I have an absolutely awesome Paul's Guitar that I picked up recently. I find myself really tempted by the limited ME-V run Brian's is doing. I've been looking for definitive answers, but coming up short -- is the ME-V basically a Paul's Guitar with an additional single coil and a 250/500 toggle?

Are there differences I'm missing? And frankly, would I be better served going in a different direction?

All input is appreciated!

J

So, basically, what you're both saying is that I should have NOT purchased my Paul's Guitar and just waited for an ME-V?

Oy. I think I've had it about a month now. :(

Don’t give it to hive mind. No guitar is everything to everyone. Personally, I’d probably go 24 fret with 24/08 wiring. Then keep going, remember they all sound different.
True.

I'm just pondering whether it's worth it to fork out $6k for a guitar that's almost the same as one I have and love.

J

I have had two Paul's Guitars and currently have an ME-V. I LOVED the PG - and would still love to get a nice 2013 model again - but the ME-V is at a whole other level for me. I have always said that the ME-V seems like the logical evolution of the Paul's Guitar. I do a lot of recording work, and the ME-V provides a lot of colors.

Well, I ended up making a trade today for this so I guess I won't worry too much about it. :)

zywopgvypgelp0h8tcl9.jpg

Back