The Modern Eagle V and the Studio are misnamed.

dilznik

The Studio should be called the Stage or the Performer or the Player or something. It's easily the most versatile guitar PRS puts out. You can do a wild amount of things with it just by rolling the volume and/or tone back a bit and picking an in between setting on the slider. It's so easy to use and get a myriad of sounds out of live.

The Modern Eagle V should be called the Studio because you'd have to be nuts to play this anywhere other than a studio. With 17 or 34 possible sounds, it's crazy how much you can do with it but trying to change anything on the fly is pretty rough unless you're only moving a toggle or the slider. It's never left my house but it also barely leaves the spot next to my desk because I only want to use it for recording because it'll do so much.

Between these two, the rest of my guitars, PRS or not, aren't getting much love.

(Studio 10-top and Wood Library ME V)

4zfCzW1.jpg

Wow! What a nice pair of guitars! I played a studio for the first time last weekend. I agree with you re: how versatile it is. I wanted to take it home so bad.

I don’t know much about the modern eagle. What kind of pick ups are on the modern Eagle? They don’t look like standard size humbuckers or like the nearfields on the studio.

Wow! What a nice pair of guitars! I played a studio for the first time last weekend. I agree with you re: how versatile it is. I wanted to take it home so bad.

I don’t know much about the modern eagle. What kind of pick ups are on the modern Eagle? They don’t look like standard size humbuckers or like the nearfields on the studio.
They're the same TCI pickups as the Paul's Guitar. I think. And the single coil is only found in the ME V, I think.

You mean the Studio is very versatile and can get a lot of sounds with one guitar, like if you were going into a studio with one or two guitars and needed to be able to cover a bunch of sounds quickly?

Those guitars are amazing and I love the color on the MEV!

You mean the Studio is very versatile and can get a lot of sounds with one guitar, like if you were going into a studio with one or two guitars and needed to be able to cover a bunch of sounds quickly?
Exactly. There's not a lot it can't do. It does everything I want it to do, anyway.

Those guitars are amazing and I love the color on the MEV!
Blood orange!

Back