Metallic ringing/chiming sound on G string

SE DGT has not cause it feels perfect out of the box. Paul’s did but I ended up selling it after I got the MEV.
And no I do not wear a hearing aid!

I wasn’t meaning to be rude, however my pops-in-law wears a hearing aid and for him it amplifies certain frequencies.

The set up question was to try and identify if it’s something your tech guy is doing.

This is a strange one.

I wasn’t meaning to be rude, however my pops-in-law wears a hearing aid and for him it amplifies certain frequencies.

The set up question was to try and identify if it’s something your tech guy is doing.

This is a strange one.
No offence taken.
The Core DGT is going back to either get the nut filed a little or replaced with the graphite nut cause a couple of strings are binding and go sharp with the trem use.
I don’t play the SS much so I’m not as bothered about it. Would like to figure out the Studio though!

I’ve had this metallic ringing/chiming sound on the G string on a few guitars. Some louder than others and have never been able to solve it.
It happens fretted or otherwise. So that eliminates the nut.
Lowering or raising the action a little doesn’t seem to help either!
And sounds like it’s coming from the saddle. String change doesn’t solve it either.
Saddles look fine so I’m at a loss.
I have this happening on my SS SE, 594 SE, DGT, and Studio. Louder on my Studio and Silver Sky SE!
Has anyone encountered something similar?
Tube amp? If so, might be a microphonic tube 🤔

So I tried sloping the saddle a little to the angle of the fret radius and it seems to have lessened a teeny bit.
I’m trying really hard not to pay attention to it anymore!

Back