Mira - SE vs. S2

PintoMusic

So... I notice that PRS has moved the Mira over to the SE line from the S2 series. Compared to the core Mira... cosmetically anyway... the SE & S2 certainly appear more similar. I'm curious if anyone has compared the two guitars.

o5ZikQftAz4Gjitp6

I suspect it's going to cause a lot of confusion... especially in the used market considering the S2 Mira was almost twice the price of this SE when new.... any thoughts?

Last edited:
They do look similar, but the SE line is always labeled SE on the headstock, and the S2 serial number starts with S2, so I don't see a lot of confusion happening.

My 2010 Core Mira is still my favorite guitar ever. They're still out there at good prices, though getting a little harder to find. That said, I've played some S2 Miras that I've liked quite a bit. Have been itching to get my hands on an SE to try but haven't seen any locally.

The SE version looks like it has the 85/15S pickups rather than the more-or-less signature Mira pickups. I have an S2 and a Core and the pickups are similar to each other, but they are quite different to the 85/15 (lower output on the Mira). I like both Miras, they each have their own interesting attributes :)

Only time will tell for sure, but the core Mira prices have risen in the last 4 months, so I’d answer no. I don’t believe the SE 24 drove down the prices of the S2 custom 24.

Back