McCarty pickups?

Casi1

Has anyone ever put these pups in another PRS, like a Custom 24?

The pickups are kind of dark PAF-ish... I’m looking for ideas on what to put them in (other than a McCarty).

Thanks!

I put them in an SESC. The PAF in them really stands out in a singlecut.

I had some in a CU22 at one point. I found them too dark - which surprised me because I prefer a darker, mid forward tone. I didn't like them. I yanked them and put the Dragon IIs back in.

Has anyone ever put these pups in another PRS, like a Custom 24?

The pickups are kind of dark PAF-ish... I’m looking for ideas on what to put them in (other than a McCarty).

Thanks!

I’d put them in a box.

Unless you’ve got something on hand that needs that type of pickup, why not save them for when you’ve got a guitar that’s too bright for your taste?

I’d put them in a box.

Unless you’ve got something on hand that needs that type of pickup, why not save them for when you’ve got a guitar that’s too bright for your taste?

The guitar that’s too bright for my taste is the Custom 24 but I don’t know that they’d be a decent fit for that one...

The guitar that’s too bright for my taste is the Custom 24 but I don’t know that they’d be a decent fit for that one...
Put them in and see. Doesn't hurt anything to test them.

Put them in and see. Doesn't hurt anything to test them.

Yeah I’m selling that guitar. Think it would sell faster with a set of 57/08s that I have sitting in the drawer.

Interesting. My C24 is not bright. Not close to my Axis. My C24 is really a "fat/smooth" guitar and I have to Q it up to get it to a bright crunchy rock tone. I actually wish it was brighter.

Interesting. My C24 is not bright. Not close to my Axis. My C24 is really a "fat/smooth" guitar and I have to Q it up to get it to a bright crunchy rock tone. I actually wish it was brighter.

Yeah, I think I spec’d a bright one (maple neck/ebony board) because I was trying to make it into a Strat.

If you’re selling the CU24, it kinda doesn’t make sense to swap the pickups in it. If your other guitars are satisfactory, then why woudn’t you just wait until the right guitar comes along, or sell the pickups?

Yeah, I think I spec’d a bright one (maple neck/ebony board) because I was trying to make it into a Strat.
Ah, yes those two things would make it brighter than mine. So I’d love yours!

If you’re selling the CU24, it kinda doesn’t make sense to swap the pickups in it. If your other guitars are satisfactory, then why woudn’t you just wait until the right guitar comes along, or sell the pickups?

I took the pickups out of the Custom 24 to put in the McCarty (hence the other thread) so now the Custom 24 is pickup-less. Can’t sell it without pickups. Gotta put some pups in it...

Back