Mans best friend....the thread...l'll start...

Another even happier follow up. Zelda originally came home so our big guy wouldn't be an only dog but we lost him a few weeks later. Last night Zelda is officially no longer an only dog.

Here is her reaction to being told the new puppy is here to stay.

VafdkmF.jpg

That’s a great photo. The pup is gorgeous.

I've always had dogs. Usually two so they wouldn't get lonely.

40 years ago I found a lost Australian Shepherd on the Interstate, took it home, fell in love, found the owner, gave him back, and then for the next 40 years it's been all Australian Shepherds.

Someday I'll share my mountain lion story. Two of my Aussies saved my life and really did fight off a mountain lion that attacked us in Boulder Canyon. Well....I guess that IS the story!

They tag teamed the lion. One got behind him and one in front. The dog on the tail would jump in and bite him on the butt. The lion would spin around and then the other dog would bite it on the butt. The lion got tired of spinning and ran back up the trail and disappeared for a minute but came back and attacked again two more times.

Did i say it was a moonless night and all I had to defend myself was a flashlight? I was scared sh!tless! But not my dogs and eventually the lion disappeared.

And so did we!

When we got home I ordered two pizzas. One for me. One for the dogs. They didn't get left overs that night!

Here's Izzy as a puppy and all growed up!

Last edited:
I've always had dogs. Usually two so they wouldn't get lonely.

40 years ago I found a lost Australian Shepherd on the Interstate, took it home, fell in love, found the owner, gave him back, and then for the next 40 years it's been all Australian Shepherds.

Someday I'll share my mountain lion story. Two of my Aussies saved my life and really did fight off a mountain lion that attacked us in Boulder Canyon. Well....I guess that IS the story!

They tag teamed the lion. One got behind him and one in front. The dog on the tail would jump in and bite him on the butt. The lion would spin around and then the other dog would bite it on the butt. The lion got tired of spinning and ran back up the trail and disappeared for a minute but came back and attacked again two more times.

Did i say it was a moonless night and all I had to defend myself was a flashlight? I was scared sh!tless! But not my dogs and eventually the lion disappeared.

And so did we!

When we got home I ordered two pizzas. One for me. One for the dogs. They didn't get left overs that night!

Here's Izzy as a puppy and all growed up!

They are the BEST,and a beautiful photo!

Some great looking pup's everyone! after losing our 13 year old Doberman we decided we're getting to old for another large breed working dog and went with a little smaller pet.. not a whole lot of different except for the size, her name is Abby and she pretty much rules the house.. lol

At around 3:30 this afternoon, Miss Isabelle crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. She went quietly in our arms and will be dearly missed.
I feel your pain.
2 weeks ago our f5 savannah Zero took his final walk to Cat Heaven after suffering a seizure about 4 months prior which he never recovered from.
His buddies still look for him…

I feel your pain.
2 weeks ago our f5 savannah Zero took his final walk to Cat Heaven after suffering a seizure about 4 months prior which he never recovered from.
Well, not the return message I was looking for from you, but glad to see you typing here again! Sorry to hear about your furfriend!! I am sure he lead a delightful life and you should be proud and happy you were able to give that to him!!!

I feel your pain.
So sorry to hear about Zero, it's so hard to lose a beloved pet.

Our cats, who passed away a couple of years ago would have been 18 years old this week. They arrived when the kids were in early elementary school and were part of the family until the kids were in college. We were able to keep Christie, pictured in the logo, going for a half dozen good years with kidney disease (with sub-cutaneous IV fluid infusions 3x per week) till her kidneys finally gave out.

Back