Mans best friend....the thread...l'll start...

EJ2qWAk.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss.

His name was Huckleberry. A year after my Traumatic Brain Injury, we found him at the local shelter. When all the other dogs jumped up
on the gate, he ran away. We took him out to the grassy area. He wouldn't chase a ball, rather he just sat on my wife's foot, pressed into her leg.
At 35 pounds he was an easy guy to pickup and put in the truck.
We took him straight to the vet. He was closer to 9 months instead of the 3 years we were told at the shelter. By the time we got home, he was named Huckleberry.

My wife said I hadn't laughed since the accident, and that Huck opened me up.
He was my soul brother, son, and best friend for 6 years. He died too young from a fungal infection and spine deterioration.

I named my band The Huckleberries.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Following up here with some happier news. The little one is getting big both in size and personality. Couldn't have found a better companion after losing the big dogs. She's also one of the weirdest dogs you'll ever meet.

NGLuy3D.jpg

4VSav9O.jpg

I work from home and sometimes sit on the couch to answer emails. I put on the "TV for dogs" channel on YouTube and she stays glued to it.

7xmcysS.jpg

Another even happier follow up. Zelda originally came home so our big guy wouldn't be an only dog but we lost him a few weeks later. Last night Zelda is officially no longer an only dog.

Here is her reaction to being told the new puppy is here to stay.

VafdkmF.jpg

Back