Lots of SEs on stage last night

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Caught the Evanescence and Halestorm tour in Cincinnati last night, which was rescheduled from early December. I chronicled a bit of it in a thread about sound engineers in General Discussion, but now I want to comment on gear :). I do have to say again that Halestorm was nothing short of amazing. Evanescence was really good, and if they'd gone on after almost anyone else I'd've said great. The opener, Lilith Czar, had sound so bad it was impossible to tell what they were like but I think there was potential and will check her out.

OK, on to the purpose of this post being in Electric Instruments. Troy McLawhorn of Evanescence used a good number of guitars through the night, and quite a few were SEs (and a couple Gibsons). I'm thinking he could probably play anything he wants, so it speaks well of the quality of SEs - he played a couple SE 7-strings, an SE baritone, an SE Mira (I suppose it could have been an S2, hard to tell - did the S2 ever come in Frost Blue? I could see the pick guard well enough to tell it wasn't Core or Mira X). He also played a couple SE Customs, and an SE Standard in Tobacco Burst. All sounded great for the high gain Evanescence tone. Obviously he has a tech, and who knows if the pickups were stock, but still, it was cool to see SEs in an arena-level act.

Back