Lookin' forward to May 20th! NEW CLAPTON!

That is freaking cool!

As to the new album, I love the playing and production values. The music's good, but I think the lyrics are a bit...I dunno. Lazy? But that will not stop me from buying the HDTracks version of course.

Because I love me some Clapton.
I've listened to it 6 or 7 times already. I'm diggin' it, cuz I love me some Clapton too. Just curious if it's the actual lyrics, or the vocals that are getting to you? There are only two Clapton originals on the CD, but I think I get where you're coming from.

Edit
Standard version[38]
No.
Title Writer(s) Length
1. "Alabama Woman Blues" Leroy Carr 5:06
2. "Can't Let You Do It" JJ Cale 3.50
3. "I Will Be There" (featuring Angelo Mysterioso) Paul Brady, John O'Kane 4.37
4. "Spiral" Eric Clapton, Andy Fairweather Low, Simon Climie 5.04
5. "Catch the Blues" Eric Clapton 4:51
6. "Cypress Grove" Skip James 4:49
7. "Little Man, You've Had a Busy Day" Maurice Sigler, Mabel Wayne, Al Hoffman 3:11
8. "Stones in My Passway" Robert Johnson 4:03
9. "I Dreamed I Saw St. Augustine" Bob Dylan 4:02
10. "I'll Be Alright" Traditional 4:23
11. "Somebody's Knockin'" JJ Cale 5:11
12. "I'll Be Seeing You" Irving Kahal, Sammy Fain 5:00

Caught the "I Still Do" special again. One thing: When the men are chatting around the table Eric says he's using a 'Vibrolux' in the studio to keep volume down. Interesting is that when you freeze frame the two amps that are setup, one is the 12 watt EC Tremolux and the other right in front of it is the 5 watt EC Vibro-Champ with a cable plugged into it. Proving one thing, Clapton can take the 5 watts a long way to getting just the right amount of 'drive' with the Strat to make it sound like, well, Clapton. Here's the wiki link about the studio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Grove_Studios

Back