JA-15?

RJK Tech

Can anyone provide some general thoughts from experience with a JA-15?

What did you like? and does it work well beyond the intended jazz style?

How does it compare to other semi-hollow PRS models?

Some had 57/08 pickups while it seems the majority 53/10 pickups. Any idea how these compare?

Any thoughts on this model would be of interest.

I love mine. 2011 with 53/10's. I have not played one with 57/08's, but as those are also great pickups, I can't see it not being awesome as well.

Due its size and wood choice, the guitar naturally has alot of "acoustic-ness" to its sound and attack; a bit bigger and warmer than the Hollowbody 2's I have played.

It is also a versatile beast. Clean playing through the neck pickup has an incredible combination of warmth and attack that none of my other guitars have. It is also very feedback resistant; you can absolutely gain it up, which I do all the time! Gained up, the theme of "big sound with lots of attack" still holds true and there really isn't another PRS I have owned or played quite like it.

I finally got around to clean it up and change the strings. Glad i got it. It definitely has a different vibe than a hollowbody and sounds great with styles other than jazz. The 57/08’s are fantastic in it.

Nearly all the videos i found for this guitar were playing jazz. It’s so much more capable.

I finally got around to clean it up and change the strings. Glad i got it. It definitely has a different vibe than a hollowbody and sounds great with styles other than jazz. The 57/08’s are fantastic in it.

Nearly all the videos i found for this guitar were playing jazz. It’s so much more capable.
Waiting on the photos!!!

7600-B455-5-E81-4026-9-B9-A-C670-E4074-BE5.jpg

I got one of these a few years back, and it is indeed a great platform for all styles of music, but it lets you get jazzy fairly easily, especially with the flatwounds that are on mine.

I need to play mine more - but I say that about all my guitars (and other instruments). I need to retire so I can stay busy!

Back