I've Never Seen This Before.

Ok. I’ll be that guy. It’s a very pretty guitar, but not a strong top for a PS. 10 top? Sure.

I dunno, man. I’d prefer a top like that in a PS in that finish. It’s so classy and classic!

It really speaks to me and makes me want to pick it up play.

That’s the same finish as my Tonare, btw; Smokey Blonde.

Last edited:
I dunno, man. I’d prefer a top like that in a PS in that finish. It’s so classy and classic!

It really speaks to me and makes me want to pick it up play.

That’s the same finish as my Tonare, btw; Smokey Blonde.

To each his own. I like deep, well-defined striations; that kind of figure just speaks to me. Like I said; It’s a pretty guitar, but to me that top is a nice 10 top, not deserving of PS grade.

By the way, the “finish” is fine. I‘M referring to the “figure” grade of lumber.

Last edited:
By the way, the “finish” is fine. I‘M referring to the “figure” grade of lumber.

Yup, I know that’s what you were saying. I like the wood, it’s more traditional. Not saying you’re wrong, just what I like.

PS - not that I don’t also love the deep grain, tight curl, etc., because that’s great, too. Some of each is a good balance!

Last edited:
Guys, I keep having thoughts of selling a bunch of guitars and trying to make this happen.

Like, I could lose a Santana, my spruce HB, my KL, and a couple other things.... thinking that between my West St., this, and my 93 CE... what else could I want? And could like, this be a rebirth to owning just the best of the best?

Not crazy about the color, or the maple neck but, that’s without seeing or playing it. The thought of a hollowbody Santana with a wiggle stick is just... just...exactly what I think I really need in life.

That’s crazy talk, right?

Guys, I keep having thoughts of selling a bunch of guitars and trying to make this happen.

Like, I could lose a Santana, my spruce HB, my KL, and a couple other things.... thinking that between my West St., this, and my 93 CE... what else could I want? And could like, this be a rebirth to owning just the best of the best?

Not crazy about the color, or the maple neck but, that’s without seeing or playing it. The thought of a hollowbody Santana with a wiggle stick is just... just...exactly what I think I really need in life.

I’d rather have a few great things than a bunch of good things. So I’d do it.

Why didn't I think of this sooner!?!?!? Here I've been contemplating my own body parts for cash!
I'm just glad to see you're still alive! I thought you might stroke out after seeing that one! WOWSER!

I’d rather have a few great things than a bunch of good things. So I’d do it.

This has become my guitar philosophy. It's tough sometimes because guitars are fun, but I really get the most out of myself by playing the top few favorites.

I wonder what the actual construction is, though. Semi-hollow with a center block, or is it actually hollowed out in a U shape around the pickups and bridge...

I wonder what the actual construction is, though. Semi-hollow with a center block, or is it actually hollowed out in a U shape around the pickups and bridge...

Me too. The arching on the top looks more similar to a HB than a semi... but then there’s the trem which I assume requires some substantial reinforcement.

I dunno, it haunts me.

This one is Killer !!! and a pretty good price for a private stock being a pawn shop I suspect you could deal a bit

This one is Killer !!! and a pretty good price for a private stock being a pawn shop I suspect you could deal a bit

There has to be a pretty small market for hollowbody Santana’s. I’m sure there’s gotta be wiggle room in that price, especially as 11top pointed out, it’s not a total stunner wood wise.

I say, do it! Well, just cuz I wanna play it, and touch it, and hug it. and pat it on the head, and call it George.

My mantra...guitar collecting is cyclical...I'll get 3 nice pieces used, then see the "Holy crap, gotta have it" piece, and trade/sell the first 3...do it, Serg, with your love of the Santanas...

The only that’s “crap, gotta have it” about it is the hollowness. I guess I just think it’d be cheaper than ordering a PS?

I don’t think I’d have much of a collectionleft when I’d be done purging for this one.

The only that’s “crap, gotta have it” about it is the hollowness. I guess I just think it’d be cheaper than ordering a PS?

I don’t think I’d have much of a collectionleft when I’d be done purging for this one.

If you had it, would you really need much of a collection?

Back