I've Never Seen This Before.

I don't know, man. This is the largest amount of guitars I've ever had, and if I'm honest, I really f@ckin' like it. They kinda prop up my dead heart with shallow materialism more than I thought they could.

I know that feeling!

I don't know, man. This is the largest amount of guitars I've ever had, and if I'm honest, I really f@ckin' like it. They kinda prop up my dead heart with shallow materialism more than I thought they could.

Just break the decision down into its logical parts.. If the guitars you’re considering selling are irreplaceable lifetime keepers, it’d be wise to keep them. Problem solved, end of decision-making process. Keep them.

If they’re not lifetime keepers, and are replaceable, it’s worth considering selling them to get the one you’re looking at. Go on to the next step in the process.

If you just sell off what you have to get a guitar based on a picture and guesswork, that leaves a lot of room for error. So the sensible thing would be to play the guitar you’re looking at. Then you’ll have the information necessary to make a decision.

If the guitar you’re trying turns out to be a lifetime keeper, and the others aren’t, it makes sense to sell the others. If it’s just a very nice guitar that would give you no greater satisfaction to own than what you have, it makes little sense to sell the others.

You can only discover the answer with a play test.

Guys, I keep having thoughts of selling a bunch of guitars and trying to make this happen.

Like, I could lose a Santana, my spruce HB, my KL, and a couple other things.... thinking that between my West St., this, and my 93 CE... what else could I want? And could like, this be a rebirth to owning just the best of the best?

Not crazy about the color, or the maple neck but, that’s without seeing or playing it. The thought of a hollowbody Santana with a wiggle stick is just... just...exactly what I think I really need in life.

That’s crazy talk, right?
As someone who has over-traded guitars, DON’T DO IT! Learn from my mistakes! :D

Why am I shouting? Because you already said you are not crazy about the color or maple neck. If you are going to blow out several great guitars that work well for you, you need to have a laser like focus on what you think you want. I say that because what I think I want seems to change every few months...wait, what’s that guitar over there?!?? Hold on, I’ll be right back...:)

The only that’s “crap, gotta have it” about it is the hollowness. I guess I just think it’d be cheaper than ordering a PS?

I don’t think I’d have much of a collectionleft when I’d be done purging for this one.

Yeah, aaaannnnddddd....you can always buy more later...it's certainly unique, and if it's you, do it.

Back