It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over.

László

Too Many Notes
In the words of the poet laureate of baseball, Yogi Berra, "It ain't over 'til it's over."

How many times have I gotten down to one - one - PRS, as my only guitar, and announced, "I can do any style with this guitar, I don't need another guitar?" Let's just say...lots of times.

And then shortly thereafter I realize that I must like the taste of crow, because PRS comes out with yet another irresistible confection, and I cave, a guitar at a time, and wind up with several nice PRSes.

Just the other day, I was saying, "I have all the guitars I need/want. I'll hold my cards for the foreseeable future. I want for nothing. I'm not going to get another one."

And then PRS announced the 594 Soapbar.

It's as if Paul Smith tells his cohorts, "Let's see how we can mess with Les' head," when he thinks up new guitars. I'm 100% sure he can read my mind sometimes.

I have been playing soapbars since 1967. So, like, only a half-century. :eek:

And to make this deal a lock, I've had several of PRS' previous soapbar models; guitars I really dug and should have hung onto. But that's water under the bridge. This model was not destined to slide by without my grabbing one.

I thought it was over, but it wasn't over.

It probably won't be over until I'm in an urn. :cool:

I wasn't really interested in the 594 until they produced the soapbar model.

Only drawback is it looks like it's a limited time production, so I don't really expect to be able to get one.

I wasn't really interested in the 594 until they produced the soapbar model.

Only drawback is it looks like it's a limited time production, so I don't really expect to be able to get one.

I'd bet dealers will order for their store stock. Someone's bound to have one in stock when you're ready.

I'd bet dealers will order for their store stock. Someone's bound to have one in stock when you're ready.

With any luck they'll run out before I have the money so I won't be tempted. 594s are priced up in the "main player" range for me, and as much as I like them P90s are never more than a side event. I'd go for a P90 S2, but a P90 Core is out of my range.

Back