Is there a way to see if my guitar was a dealer special run?

Austin_Taunt

I have a 2009 513 and it has a couple features that are not standard. Mainly a quilt top and matching headstock. I’ve ran the modcat code and it confirmed most of the information except the model number is FM and I believe 513s are FT. The person I bought it from said he thinks it was a special run for Guitar Center and I would like to confirm it. Really not important but I would like to know bc I like that kind of stuff. Is there a way I can find this information out? I can call PRS but I know they are swamped right now playing catch up from their shutdown and would prefer not to pester them bc I’m curious.

FYI, here is the serial number and modcat:

SN: 09 153394
Modcat: FMM2QTHFIFT_DW_NCCCF

Thanks!!

It might be written in pen in a pickup cavity if it’s a dealer run. I’ve got one from an Axe Palace run that is like that.

I emailed all the information to PRS and the responded within the hour!! They said it most likely is a special dealer run bc the matching headstock was not common then. They didn’t tell me who it was for tho. I guess next time I change the strings I may pull the pickups and see if anything is written in the cavity. Does anyone know any other way to find this information out? Would guitar center possibly know this? The guitar is approaching 12yrs old so keeping detailed records for that long seems like a long shot.

Back