Is the smoked black hardware only available on PS and Wood Library runs?

dilznik

I don't recall seeing them anywhere else but they're popping up all over the place on the wood library runs.

I don't recall seeing them anywhere else but they're popping up all over the place on the wood library runs.
From what I understand, yes, that is the case. Ish Guitars told me about a year ago that they were not even allowed the black hardware on their WL runs (PRS apparently told them they had to leave some goodies for the PS attraction), but that has obviously changed because I have seen a lot of WL guitars lately that have the smoked black hardware! I have from the beginning wanted all black hardware on all my PRSi, but have not been able to purchase. I think if you send it in to PTC, they might accommodate, but not for sale as individual components in the regular market as far as I know!!! Last year I paid about $500 to swap out all chrome hardware on my EBMM Stingray bass to all black!!!! Totally worth it IMO!!!!!!

Last edited:
From what I understand, yes, that is the case. Ish Guitars told me about a year ago that they were not even allowed the black hardware on their WL runs (PRS apparently told them they had to leave some goodies for the PS attraction), but that has obviously changed because I have seen a lot WL guitars lately that have the smoked black hardware! I have from the beginning wanted all black hardware on all my PRSi, but have not been able to purchase. I think if you send it in to PTC, they might accommodate, but not for sale as individual components in the regular market as far as I know!!!

Oh nice. I have that hardware on a WL guitar and wasn't aware. I guess I'll have to go flex down at the next open mic night. To no one :-(

Back