Is the PRS SE Acoustic line worth it?

One other thought.

It's not a question of whether you should get one or the other. You're obviously going to want a great amp, and a great acoustic. Heck, you're gonna want great everything. It's a question of what to get first.

My only advice is that if you're telling yourself, "I'll get this now, but what I really want is..." your satisfaction with what you bought will last only until the realization dawns on you that your money would've been better spent on what you wanted in the first place, long term.

Sometimes that means being patient and saving. It's hard to be patient.

There were tube amps around when I started to get into them 15-ish years ago, but nothing like the MT15.

Not all, but most tube amps under a grand and under 20 watts are really just a toy, because they skimp on important things like transformers, tubes, and other features. The MT15 comes with respectable tubes, not the top shelf stuff, but very reliable and good quality. With some other amps, you'd have to shell out close to $100+ to get tubes like the MT15 has. The transformer thing, you can't fix afterwards, and that has a lot to do with the low end authority of the tone.

I guess if I could sum up what the MT15 would do for you, as a 15 year old guitarist, is give you an amp that will have the tone, volume, and reliability to serve you for a long time. You can use it for a lot more than hard rock and metal, the clean channel is very good and takes pedals extremely well, so even if you want to get a Marshall in a box pedal, or some lower gain overdrive, you'll have a good platform for it. The other amps you listed are compromises and toy-like, IMO. The Helix, on the other hand, is a great tool, just depends on whether you want an amp for the volume, or a multi-effects board for the versatility.

Now, whether that's worth more to you than a good acoustic, only you can answer that question. The SE acoustics are fantastic too, and they have many models with different woods, and different tones as a result. Just depends on what you'll use most.

One path that might be good, get the MT15 and matching cab, and then save up for something like the Helix Stomp. Again, being a bit older than you, there was nothing like the Helix units when I was your age - there were multi-effects units, but they were a joke. The Helix units are legitimate contenders, at least in the realm of stompbox type effects, save yourself some money and a lot of pedalboard building!
My issue with something like a helix is that I won't get the tone i'm looking for, and it seems just too much, like an axe 8. I do love me effects and they have them onboard which is great. But it's digital, I've been told that the MT15 is something great for me, since I'm going in blind on it, I will consider a helix though.

I have The Tonare in Abaco Green, and it’s a fantastic guitar! It looks stunning, but more importantly it plays incredible.

As for the MT15, the guitar player in my band has been using one exclusively for the past year and a half. He used it on every gig we had (up until Covid) in a 6 piece band with a horn player, believe it or not. Over the years this guy had Bogners, Friedmans, Mesa, you name it... And he settled on that MT15! He’s in love with it, and I can see why. I plan on getting one in the near future. So I don’t think you can go wrong with either purchase...Just really put some thought into which one you’ll use more, but at the same time go with your gut feeling! Sounds like the Amp would be the more logical decision, but if you plan to get more into acoustic, go for the guitar! Here’s my thread about the Tonare...

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/christmas-ngd-tonare-in-abaco-green-stunner.35672/

I have The Tonare in Abaco Green, and it’s a fantastic guitar! It looks stunning, but more importantly it plays incredible.

As for the MT15, the guitar player in my band has been using one exclusively for the past year and a half. He used it on every gig we had (up until Covid) in a 6 piece band with a horn player, believe it or not. Over the years this guy had Bogners, Friedmans, Mesa, you name it... And he settled on that MT15! He’s in love with it, and I can see why. I plan on getting one in the near future. So I don’t think you can go wrong with either purchase...Just really put some thought into which one you’ll use more, but at the same time go with your gut feeling! Sounds like the Amp would be the more logical decision, but if you plan to get more into acoustic, go for the guitar! Here’s my thread about the Tonare...

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/christmas-ngd-tonare-in-abaco-green-stunner.35672/
Wow you got your's from bay tunes as well!! I got my SE Custom 24 with the spalted maple top in vintage sunburst. Great guitar, had to get some stuff done at the factory done to my guitar because binding cracking and a chip that happened when i got my guitar back from buffing out the binding crack. Jeff Packett is an amazing dude

From what I understand, it’s a loud 7 watts.

It sure is. I’ve got mine set on half power and you do not have to turn the knob very far for it to get loud.

To the OP...I love my A60E however I’d prioritize the amp here.

Back