Is it possible to put a trem bridge on a regular P22?

avledoliveira

Hello people.
Is it possible to put the trem bridge like on the P22 trem on a regular P22? or will I have to get a P22 trem?
Thanks a lot!

I think we need to understand your goals a little better. Are you still wanting it to be piezo?

If so, it sounds like a trip to PTC....

Just to "put" one on, I don't see how considering there's no route/cavity for the trem block and springs. Major guitar surgery is in your future...

Yep would be a massive job, the existing holes would need to be plugged, then a whole new trem cavity routed, holes drilled etc.

May not even be possible unless the guitar is a solid colour too (e.g. if the holes of the original stoptail studs aren't completely covered by the trem), as it would be impossible to match the flame/quilt of the top.

Best bet, buy a P22 trem!

You guys are right, I didn't even remember about the cavity needed for block and springs =/
Seems like it would be a too big of a surgery just to keep the same guitar, maybe you guys are right and its better to just get a P22 trem.

Not sure I understand your question correctly, but if you want to convert a P22 stoptail to a tremolo bridge, then I believe the answer is no. There is a headstock angle issue that makes such a conversion impossible.

Thanks Mike Cantrell, great to know.
Thanks everybody for the replies, you answered my question.

There is a headstock angle issue that makes such a conversion impossible.

Really? I was under the impression headstock angle was kind of a standard thing with PRS. Can we get more details about this? That's an important thing to know about for my customers. Thanks.

I've asked this question before to the PTC. They also said the P22 stoptail had a specific headstock angle that would prevent the trem swap. I sold my Blue Crab P22 Stoptail and traded it for a Makena Blue P22 Trem. Miss those 53/10 pickups though

Due to differing neck angles, a trem bridge and Stoptail bridge are not interchangeable.

This is interesting!

I've always had a very slight preference for the feel of the trem models, even though I rarely use the trem arm. I wonder if that has anything to do with these small differences?

Back