1999 Purple Holoflake??

korinafan

It seems to be a 1999 CE 22 in Purple Holoflake with Birds and P 22 pickups, which are all kinds of a cool combination

I cannot find any History or Photos about a Purple Holoflake from PRS.
Could it be a refin?
There are 2 Tags under the Treble Pick up and the top one has been partially peeled away.
Some one added the P22 pick ups which are supposed to be square bobbin 57/08's which I like better than the Dragon IIs that should have come with a 99 CE 22
I have not seen a lot of CE 22 with Birds either.
Do you think this one is Legit??

It seems to be a 1999 CE 22 in Purple Holoflake with Birds and P 22 pickups, which are all kinds of a cool combination

Could it be a refin?
There are 2 Tags under the Treble Pick up and the top one has been partially peeled away.
Some one added the P22 pick ups which are supposed to be square bobbin 57/08's which I like better than the Dragon IIs that should have come with a 99 CE 22
Contact customer service about the color. They always seem to be pretty responsive with such queries ;~))

Interesting find! Looks like the neck plate screws are little chewed and the plate itself has some wear on the edge. The guitar may have seen some hard miles, I'd wager it was refinished and the pickups upgraded by somebody who cared.

Could it be a refin?
Those p22s COULD be 5310s. Quick check with multi meter might tell you.

Very Cool!!
What do you think about the double Modcat stickers under the treble pick up?

I wonder if I carefully used a hair dryer to blow on the top one, I could peel it off to expose the bottom sticker and possibly read the mod cat.

I think it’s a refin with a SAS neck swap. That’s just my internet Colombo hot take.

None of that matters anyway as I’d still rate it as one of the most badass PRS I’ve seen in a minute.

Bangin’!

100% agree on the Badass! The SAS neck is an interesting ideas for sure.

Back