1999 Purple Holoflake??

bg-f8f8f8-flat-750x-075-f-pad-750x1000-f8f8f8.jpg

Seriously though...
I love how the top carve is so pronounced.
How were they producing these in '99? CNC? Wood duplicator?

So I finally had the opportunity to contact PRS Support and this is what they sent me;

Thank you for the photos. The guitar appears to be a 1999 CE22. The guitar has been modified from its original PRS Factory specs. We would not be able to confirm when these modifications were done, as they do not appear to be through our tech center. Here are the original specifications.

Original specifications for serial number 9 CE20524: solid Mahogany body, 22 fret bolt-on Maple neck, with a Wide-Fat neck profile, East Indian Rosewood fretboard, dot inlays, PRS tremolo bridge, Dragon II pickups, volume/tone/5-way rotary, finished in Antique White, with nickel hardware and winged locking tuners.

I hope this information is helpful.
Kind regards,
Bindu
Customer Service
PRS Guitars
410-643-9970

So that is the info I got and you all have seen the photos. In the long run, it is a very cool project with great parts that somebody put together. It sounds like it was purchased in Florida, and sent to Omaha, Nebraska and returned to store. I bought it online and had it sent to me in Dallas. This is when I put it on this thread.
Looks cool, and sounds good, comes with a Core Gig Bag and no trem arm. I just didn't feel it was right for me so I returned it to Dallas Guitar Center.
Hope some one on the forum buys it and enjoys what it is.

I sold this CE-22 back in January so know about much of its history. It is essentially a CE version of a "partscaster".
The body was refinished by GMW Guitar Works in the purple holoflake before I acquired it. I believe the original color was an opaque white. The neck is from another CE-22 so it is not original to the body (i.e., I swapped necks with a different CE-22 trem). I installed the P-22 pickups and all indications they are the 53/10 variation (the Reverb listing goes through the reasoning).

Last edited:
Back