Iri Blue -- how did it come to be?

henryjurstin13

Seems like I saw a video where one of the PRS employees talks about how/where that color came about.... but, now I can't find it. Maybe the name got lost in translation somehow? Anyone remember this?

Someone mixed some colors and wiped it on some wood and said, man, that is cool.

Isn't that how most of these colors come about?

It is a special colour, only made available to a select few.......until it sold out. Well that is kinda right.

Something about the Indonesian factory folks not being able to pronounce iridescent properly!
Yes, a great story. It will be interesting to see what they do with the colour on models into the future. They will already know it is very popular, selling out in nearly every market in the world almost instantly. I hope the wrote the colour codes down somewhere - lol There was some suggestion that the new SAS is a limited run of sorts. Of course that could go out the window if the sales volume continues. As we now have the new entry level SE out ( Which is great to see at $499US) I wonder if the SAS range is now a premium model in the SE lineup. The marketing dept will be all over the data, with longer range planing in action.

Back