Introduce yourself!

New person here - I am a big fan of the PRS line. I only have 2 of them at present, an SE Custom 24 (25th Anniv, Vintage Yellow) and an S2 Custom 24 I bought last year when they came out (in McCarty Tobacco Burst).

I consider myself to be an advanced beginner player, with only 3 years of learning behind me...at the ripe old age around 45 or so. I have been a musician since I picked up the trumpet in 6th grade (and played it until I dropped out of college), and I also play the keys a little bit (you have to take a 2nd instrument in college, piano was it for me).

Love all types of music, literally, from bluegrass to hard rock, and just about everything in-between. More of a writer than a "how do I play that song" kind of a player. Self-taught on the guitar so far, though lately I am considering looking for a teacher that isn't scared of teaching someone that's in their 40s, to get me to that next level of ability.

Looking forward to meeting/making some new friends that are also PRS fans here.

[Edit: Trying to post link to my practice/studio amp - just for making sure it works here and to tell you what other kind of gear I use...]

Last edited:
markace3
[/URL][/IMG]My name is Mark and I recently joined the forum and finally figured out how to post pictures of my 2012 10 top stripper and my 2013 orange tiger 408. Love this forum and learn something new every day. Thanks

Hiiiiiiiii
I am Amishka from India . I really like your forum sites and I want to thanks to all the team members of this forum site . Your site about PRS guitar is very encourage able for me . Playing a guitar is not a easy &I can`t play guitar but you provide here insightful information for us . Keep sharing such appreciative site for learning more about PRS guitar .

Hiiiiiiiii
I am Amishka from India . I really like your forum sites and I want to thanks to all the team members of this forum site . Your site about PRS guitar is very encourage able for me . Playing a guitar is not a easy &I can`t play guitar but you provide here insightful information for us . Keep sharing such appreciative site for learning more about PRS guitar .

Welcome to the site. Their are lots of new members including myself. The good news, is we are all learning together!

Hi all. I'm Don and I've just come across this forum while doing research for a guitar I just bought. It's a 2008 Custom 22 10 top with rosewood neck. I had an SE Custom 24 a few years ago but subsequently sold that guitar. Looking forward to learning more here.

Howdy! New to the forum :hello:
In a nutshell...
Played bass for many years. burnt out bad and didn't play for a few years. Met my girl (wife now) 5 years ago, and she wanted to learn guitar. me too. quickly became collectors much more than players.
I'm trying harder to make time to learn/practice, but I''m slow... however, I have gotten very good at basic repairs and set ups, and our experience has led to increasingly better quality instruments.
Mrs. Bebop still loves inexpensive & used guitars. GC is one of her 'happy' places :biggrin:
We have had quite a few SE models, some of which are still with us. we now have 3 USA models...

Picked up this 513 a few years ago, it was a wedding gift from Mrs. Bebop

4744.jpg
4758.jpg

Then rescued this awesome DGT Standard that had been hanging at GC for way too long... I quickly fell in love with it! Couldn't believe no one else had bought it...

prs%2520dgt%252001.png
2173.jpg

2178a.jpg

GC was recently having a clearance sale and we got a fabulous deal on this...

8836.jpg
4575.jpg

4578.jpg

I need to get some better pictures of it. I remember how my mouth fell open the first time I saw an ad with the Eriza Verde finish! Can't believe I was able to actually own one!

I've seen some stunning guitars already the short time I've had to peruse this forum....and the general attitude seems to be welcoming.
I'm pleased to join y'all...

Hi all. I'm Scott - 43 and from the UK. I've been playing since I was 15 but only recently got my first real PRS - and then a second one very shortly after!

Here's my 2006 20th Anniversary Singlecut and my 2007 Custom 24. I'm going to ditch the rotary switch on the 24 in favour of a 3-way and push/pull coil tap.

Hi fellas, purchased a Tim Mahoney SE yesterday so I thought I'd join to get more info and get a better idea of how awesome these guitars truly are. I'm new to playing guitar, having noodled around on guitar years ago just with tabs. A more or less starting off new. Anyone recommend some good forum posts to browse for newbies like myself, thanks!

Hi fellas, purchased a Tim Mahoney SE yesterday so I thought I'd join to get more info and get a better idea of how awesome these guitars truly are. I'm new to playing guitar, having noodled around on guitar years ago just with tabs. A more or less starting off new. Anyone recommend some good forum posts to browse for newbies like myself, thanks!

"search" is your friend, my friend.... and welcome!

Welcome to the Forum Banz :hello:

Start your own threads with any questions you might have. I am sure you will get plenty of help. Don't be shy .................... Everyone on this Forum is either a Guitar Newbie or has been at some point in their lives :wink:

Appreciate the welcomes guys, can't wait for the guitar to arrive at my doorstep, pics soon!

Hiiiiiiii,
I am Zubedha from India . I really have been lurking for several days and now I decided up to join this this forum site. Guys I must say that PRS were great guitars and I think now a days that kinds of products cannot get from anywhere . I am very fond of music and plays guitar it is not so easy but with the help of an expert you can play guitar very efficiently . I just started to learning playing guitar . PRS guitar is awesome to play . I really want to thanks all the team member of this forum site . Keep posting .

Back