Introduce yourself!

Hi, new here.

Tried to sign up this morning but it said the name already existed. Turned out I already did that in june 2012. Forgot that, suppose I'm getting old.

So I consider myself 'new' to the forum.

I'm a long time guitar player (40+ years) and a long time collector of vintage Yamaha guitars https://yamahaguitars.nl/. Main used axes were strats (Fenders as wel as custom handbuild) and ocasionaly a fender tele.

Reading about the Silver Sky I had to try one and I think is was one of the best guitars I had ever played. Bought my first one about half a year ago, one from 2020 with a maple neck. Saw a nice 2018 onyx one with rosewood neck last week and I bought that one too. I think if they would turn up sounding the same I would keep the best feeling one.

A B'd them and the difference seemd negligible (I play through a Vintage Sound 'Vintage 15'). But while playing with a backing backing or with accompanying music there was a audible difference between the two: the maple neck sounded better I the mix. As for now I'll keep both I think.

So, about 10 years after my first sign up, I'm a PRS guitar owner, and I love them!

Leon
Welcome Mimasu! Sounds like a fun collection you have going on there!! Congrats on the Silver Sky's and I hope you are able to discover some of the other killer axes this company makes!!! Music you create can be shared in the Studio & Stage section!!!!

Hey Folks!
I’m Geno. Greetings from Kentucky. Brand new to the forum. Only by mins, to be exact. I’ve read through this forum for a long while, but I decided to finally join after purchasing my second PRS. Glad to be here! I hope everyone is doing well today!
Welcome to the forum Geno! Good to see you were motivated to join!! I echo all sentiments here on LLB (Lexington Lab Band)!!! Very tight band, but from what I understand, they really don't play out, just in studio (lab)!!!! If you have any music you would like to share, you can do so in the Studio & Stage section!!!!!

Welcome Mimasu! Sounds like a fun collection you have going on there!! Congrats on the Silver Sky's and I hope you are able to discover some of the other killer axes this company makes!!! Music you create can be shared in the Studio & Stage section!!!!

Welcome to the forum Geno! Good to see you were motivated to join!! I echo all sentiments here on LLB (Lexington Lab Band)!!! Very tight band, but from what I understand, they really don't play out, just in studio (lab)!!!! If you have any music you would like to share, you can do so in the Studio & Stage section!!!!!
Thanks for the info! I may share some tunes at some point. I’m mainly a singer/songwriter, and an aspiring guitar hero haha!!! The latter of which I’ll never be. But… a fella can dream! Glad to be here!

Hello all! Brand new to the Forum and happy to be here! I officially became a PRS owner back in September with a 1998 McCarty! I was always a die hard Les Paul user but I’m not a believer in the PRS name and instruments! One of the most solid great playing and sounding guitars I own now!!! I know now I officially have the bug lol. Last week I got a steal of a deal for $350 on a SE “ONE” and I’ve been enjoying it too. Looking to upgrade it. Anyways I’m excited to get to know the group! Thanks for having me!

Hello all! Brand new to the Forum and happy to be here! I officially became a PRS owner back in September with a 1998 McCarty! I was always a die hard Les Paul user but I’m now a believer in the PRS name and instruments! One of the most solid great playing and sounding guitars I own now!!! I know now I officially have the bug lol. Last week I got a steal of a deal for $350 on a SE “ONE” and I’ve been enjoying it too. Looking to upgrade it. Anyways I’m excited to get to know the group! Thanks for having me!
Hey Chris, welcome to the addiction club! I have corrected above, your post in the quote here!! I hope you are NOW a believer in PRS!! I always wanted one just because they looked so good, then I touched one!!! Game changer for me!!!! Lots of fun and knowledge to be had here!!!!!

Chris’s in-line
449-DAAF2-89-CF-40-E1-AE85-8-E5-D838-EC126.jpg

Back