Introduce yourself!

Here I am,
Yes it's true,
All I want,
Girl is you (my forthcoming PRS SE Silver Sky Stone Blue).

Hi everyone. This seems like a nice place. Thanks for having me.
Welcome to the addiction club Incandenza! Your new git fiddle sounds SESSY!! Looks like your in time with rhyme, so be sure to post some of your music in the Studio & Stage section when you are ready!!!

Hello all, bought my first PRS about 17 years ago when touring with my band at the time, completely on an impulse haha. In fact, I just started a thread trying to figure out what the heck it is since it kinda has features of both Custom 22's and also McCarty 20th anniversaries.

Welcome aboard (I'm a newbie too)...and, talk about a hell of an impulse purchase!!!

Hi Everyone,
I'm Mike from Scotland and I'm a guitarohlic!
Actually I've been playing and buying and selling guitars for around about 35 years. Nothing mega fancy, just the general lower end of the market. I have got quite a cool collection of vintage Ibanez electrics and Tama acoustics...so I'm a fan of the 70's and 80's Japan era guitars .
So me and the brand PRS have been acquainted for some time. Back in 1987 or 88 I was living in Germany, (moved back here again in 2014 after a Decade in Bangkok) and i was roadieing for a 2nd division rock band. The guitarist of the band had got one of the first PRS guitars to land in Germany. A cherry red one with a wide flat neck I didn't really take to. He played it through a Roland GP8 into a mesa boogie half stack and I didn't like his tones much either (I didn't really get the chance to dial my own tones in. So i kinda mentally I moved on from PRS.
Fast forward 27 odd years and a number of guitar trades later...I decided I "needed" a soapbar loaded guitar. After doing my homework, a 2004 Cherry red SE Soapbar II (modded with a tonerider alnico IV at the bridge) appeared in the local classifieds just prior to Christmas for around 250 USD. I snapped it up.
It arrived and completely bowled me over with it's superb playability , construction and overall tones...My goodness I was so astounded (Squier Japan 93 Strat with 57/62 reissue pups was immediately put up for sale by me to make room as I knew I wouldn't be playing it any more!!).
So there I am jamming away and noodling through my Vox Nighttrain head and 2x12 cab in my well appointed Garden hut, when I casually noticed ANOTHER local add...this time for a 2018 SE Bernie Marsden in deep cherry ..( one of 3 finishes limited to only 100 pieces each for European Market). This too had been modified (Tonerider Tr2H Humbuckers with coil tap: originals pups in the accompanying SE gig bag AND fitted Gibson elusion machine heads) for 450 dollars ..i couldn't say no!!!
It arrived yesterday....oh wow wow wow! I am a convert to the church of PRS. As it is my birthday this month, this is one from me to me!! TBH I am going to have to sell some more gear off to free up the cash and the wall space as I also , ahem (I said i had a problem) , got a 2005 green maple soapbar II on the way (all original but needing a lot of TLC..you should have seen the eBay pictures! YUK...FILTHY smeared with a greasy cloth, , broken toggle switch, slighty rusty machine heads and rust foul stringed guitar in a dark low lit room on an unmade bed..looked like something from a video nasty...but those emerald green maple stripes there in the darkness! wow!). just my sort of fixer upper. i'm going to need rubber gloves to strip it down and restore her to the glory she deserves. I'l decide then whether to flip or keep the 2004 Cherry soapbar ii...i get the feeling the latter...There are other guitars in my possession probably more worthy of the chopping block.
Anyway, sorry for wittering on! Looking forward to contributing and reading on this forum.

Hi Everyone,
Actually I've been playing and buying and selling guitars for around about 35 years. Nothing mega fancy, just the general lower end of the market. I have got quite a cool collection of vintage Ibanez electrics and Tama acoustics...so I'm a fan of the 70's and 80's Japan era guitars .
So me and the brand PRS have been acquainted for some time. Back in 1987 or 88 I was living in Germany, (moved back here again in 2014 after a Decade in Bangkok) and i was roadieing for a 2nd division rock band. The guitarist of the band had got one of the first PRS guitars to land in Germany. A cherry red one with a wide flat neck I didn't really take to. He played it through a Roland GP8 into a mesa boogie half stack and I didn't like his tones much either (I didn't really get the chance to dial my own tones in. So i kinda mentally I moved on from PRS.
Fast forward 27 odd years and a number of guitar trades later...I decided I "needed" a soapbar loaded guitar. After doing my homework, a 2004 Cherry red SE Soapbar II (modded with a tonerider alnico IV at the bridge) appeared in the local classifieds just prior to Christmas for around 250 USD. I snapped it up.
It arrived and completely bowled me over with it's superb playability , construction and overall tones...My goodness I was so astounded (Squier Japan 93 Strat with 57/62 reissue pups was immediately put up for sale by me to make room as I knew I wouldn't be playing it any more!!).
So there I am jamming away and noodling through my Vox Nighttrain head and 2x12 cab in my well appointed Garden hut, when I casually noticed ANOTHER local add...this time for a 2018 SE Bernie Marsden in deep cherry ..( one of 3 finishes limited to only 100 pieces each for European Market). This too had been modified (Tonerider Tr2H Humbuckers with coil tap: originals pups in the accompanying SE gig bag AND fitted Gibson elusion machine heads) for 450 dollars ..i couldn't say no!!!
It arrived yesterday....oh wow wow wow! I am a convert to the church of PRS. As it is my birthday this month, this is one from me to me!! TBH I am going to have to sell some more gear off to free up the cash and the wall space as I also , ahem (I said i had a problem) , got a 2005 green maple soapbar II on the way (all original but needing a lot of TLC..you should have seen the eBay pictures! YUK...FILTHY smeared with a greasy cloth, , broken toggle switch, slighty rusty machine heads and rust foul stringed guitar in a dark low lit room on an unmade bed..looked like something from a video nasty...but those emerald green maple stripes there in the darkness! wow!). just my sort of fixer upper. i'm going to need rubber gloves to strip it down and restore her to the glory she deserves. I'l decide then whether to flip or keep the 2004 Cherry soapbar ii...i get the feeling the latter...There are other guitars in my possession probably more worthy of the chopping block.
Anyway, sorry for wittering on! Looking forward to contributing and reading on this forum.
Welcome to the forum, Chipsotoole!
Sounds like you’ve found the right place.
Post some pics when you can and don’t forget to throw one into your avatar!:)

Cheers folks, rookie here.

My background ain’t as illustrious as others here I’m sure. Here’s a bit about me—

I started practicing guitar seven months ago, at 42 years old. I always wanted to play guitar- grew up listening to a lot of guitar-oriented rock, always wanted to but for various reasons never had the opportunity to learn. So seven months ago I bought an acoustic and got started. Pretty much couldn’t put it down. And I enjoy playing so much, I bought an electric, and that’s what brought me here. I wanted a Gibson Les Paul or an SG like what all the guys I’ve been listening to for years play but a very good friend of mine, who incidentally works at the music store where I buy my instruments, encouraged me to look at PRS. He basically asked me what I wanted in an electric and I gave him the rundown according to my rudimentary understanding of these instruments:

“A solid block of mahogany with two humbuckers in it?”

He told me to come down to the shop. He picked out six different instruments for me which all fit the basic requirements, including a Mira SE, and a 245 SE.

The 245 SE won the contest hands-down. Can’t love that guitar enough. So now I have a new guitar I can’t put down.

Who I’m listening to at the moment in-brief:

Black Sabbath
Clutch
Orange Goblin
R.L. Burnside
Blues Brothers
John Lee Hooker
Catherine Wheel
Cold Showers
Smithereens

Other interests:

Reformed Theology
Fly fishing
Computer programming
Building model aircraft (mostly WW2)

Thanks for having me aboard!

Hi Everyone,

Cheers folks, rookie here.

My background ain’t as illustrious as others here I’m sure. Here’s a bit about me—

I started practicing guitar seven months ago, at 42 years old. I always wanted to play guitar- grew up listening to a lot of guitar-oriented rock, always wanted to but for various reasons never had the opportunity to learn. So seven months ago I bought an acoustic and got started. Pretty much couldn’t put it down. And I enjoy playing so much, I bought an electric, and that’s what brought me here. I wanted a Gibson Les Paul or an SG like what all the guys I’ve been listening to for years play but a very good friend of mine, who incidentally works at the music store where I buy my instruments, encouraged me to look at PRS. He basically asked me what I wanted in an electric and I gave him the rundown according to my rudimentary understanding of these instruments:

“A solid block of mahogany with two humbuckers in it?”

He told me to come down to the shop. He picked out six different instruments for me which all fit the basic requirements, including a Mira SE, and a 245 SE.

The 245 SE won the contest hands-down. Can’t love that guitar enough. So now I have a new guitar I can’t put down.

Who I’m listening to at the moment in-brief:

Black Sabbath
Clutch
Orange Goblin
R.L. Burnside
Blues Brothers
John Lee Hooker
Catherine Wheel
Cold Showers
Smithereens

Other interests:

Reformed Theology
Fly fishing
Computer programming
Building model aircraft (mostly WW2)

Thanks for having me aboard!
Hi Mike and Kenneth! Welcome to the forum!! Lot's of good info and fun can be had here (just don't show any blue guitars or a certain member may piss on them - a special staining technique he has invented)!!! If you have any hits you would like to share with us, you can do so in the Studio & Stage section!!!!

Back