Intonation issues

Steve R

So I have a Paul Allander sig model, I play in drop c and use 11-54 gauge strings. I have another prs guitar that has an identical setup and intonation is great. But on this one I tuned the open note, and fretted the 12th fret and every note is sharp. I have moved the Saddles to their max and every note is still sharp. Anyone have any advice or tips? This has been driving me crazy, I don't see what I'm missing.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the scale length is different on the other prs? You could cut the springs behind the saddles to get them as far back as possible or maybe use a heavier gauge string?

Same scale length, same bridge, same strings, that's what's throwing me off so badly, it's basically a mirrored setup and I have a drastically different result

I put fresh strings on, stretched them and even played on the for a bit to get them stretched and holding a tune well, but still every string is sharp at the 12th fret. Would adjusting the truss rod make much of a difference? I just noticed the neck has a little more curve than I like.

Could very easily be the truss rod. PRS truss rods are more sensitive than any of the other brands I`ve owned. a little tweet here or there can make a world of difference. Also check the bridge saddles, I`ve gotten a couple of guitars used where the previous owner decided to "fix" the action, They`ve diddled with the truss rod and saddles, and ended up with a hot mess.

I went through everything, bridge, Saddles, action, and truss rod, while it did improve the intonation, it's still off a little

Back