Modern Eagle 2 Trem Intonation Issue

antcarrier

Hi,

I have a Modern Eagle 2 with trem which is almost entirely great, but I cannot intonate the high E string.
When fretted, the 12th fret is 6 cents flat compared to the harmonic.
I cannot move the saddle any closer to the nut to correct for this issue - the saddle is already pressing against the screw that attaching the trem to the body.
It has a straight neck and low action - it is otherwise set up superbly.

The only thing I can think of to fix this is to remove the saddle and file it down the middle so that it can slide over the top of the screw.
Has anyone else ever encountered this issue, or have any ideas about how this could be solved?

I have attached some photos of the trem.

Thanks!
Jon

384784847_10218736234275558_1241911540452726683_n.jpg

385816132_10218736235395586_8212475316870993167_n.jpg

Hahaha well I changed the strings and the problem is solved.
I have never felt like such a noob.
I was always taught that the intonation was set by the 12th fret being set at half the distance of the scale length, with some offset at the bridge due to string thickness. This has never happened to me before so it never occurred to me that string age would affect this too.
I really should change my strings more often.
Thanks guys!

Hahaha well I changed the strings and the problem is solved.
I have never felt like such a noob.
I was always taught that the intonation was set by the 12th fret being set at half the distance of the scale length, with some offset at the bridge due to string thickness. This has never happened to me before so it never occurred to me that string age would affect this too.
I really should change my strings more often.
Thanks guys!
Everyone loves a happy ending

Back