Influences That keep you pushing yourself.

Matt Stephens has been an inspiration to me for a long time, most because of his note choices, but lately I'm really into Mansur Brown

Gets truly WOW after 4:20. I love his ultra effected tone. It should be too much, but he totally makes it work.

This cut with Yussef Dayes and Alfa Mist is also awesome:

Beyond playing single coil strats, I can not figure out Steve Rothery's tones. Theres echos and reverb there, and a certain fluidity to his newer stuff that I want to know. Here is 14+ minutes of why i want to go beyond where i am now.

Beyond playing single coil strats, I can not figure out Steve Rothery's tones. Theres echos and reverb there, and a certain fluidity to his newer stuff that I want to know. Here is 14+ minutes of why i want to go beyond where i am now.

Hmmm? I don't know either...maybe some overdubbing in some of the mixes? He's KILLER and I'm embarrassed to say until this post...I don't recall ever hearing of him. I REALLY dig his playing. He without a doubt has some magical hands and a VERY chase worthy tone. Thanks for the turn on my man!

Hmmm? I don't know either...maybe some overdubbing in some of the mixes? He's KILLER and I'm embarrassed to say until this post...I don't recall ever hearing of him. I REALLY dig his playing. He without a doubt has some magical hands and a VERY chase worthy tone. Thanks for the turn on my man!
Just look up Marillion, he has been with them since the beginning, Their first album came out in '82. their first lead singer, Fish, just announced he's retiring this year, but Steve and the Band seem to be going strong. Steve says David Gilmour is one of his influences, and you can hear that in a lot of his solos. Enjoy your journey into my favorite Prog Rock Band.

Well somewhat of an artist is Paul Reed Smith himself, and Im gonna link the ted talk he gave and it was really inspiring.

Me.
I like the way I play and want to play like me only better.
I want to be able to play the guitar parts I hear in my head.
I have no desire whatsoever to sound like (insert famous guitarist here).

Funny you say that. My band mate and I were listening back to one of our jams the other day and at one point I asked him, "is that you?". The guitar was ripping but it sounded like my guitar tone. But it couldn't be me because I don't know any of the licks coming out of the speakers. He said "no, that's you!" ...I said "****, i'm gonna have to listen back to this recording later and try to learn those licks."

This has been my best influencer to keep my feet back up whenever I feel down or depressed...

I figured out he is using an eBow on some of those long drawn out notes. I bought a knock off one to see how well it works.

Back