Incoming!!!

Epic! Congrats! Do you happen to have a shot of the front of the headstock?

Yep!

0A0F5911-7EC7-4CD5-B14B-49D5E43590C6-781-000000523F92437A_zpsc3bc8840.jpg

To be honest, I wish the overlay would have matched a little better. I'll have to wait and see what it looks like when she arrives. Should be here Monday.

My jaw just hit the floor! Wow!

Yep!

To be honest, I wish the overlay would have matched a little better. I'll have to wait and see what it looks like when she arrives. Should be here Monday.
Don't see anything wrong with it! Stunning!! Nicely done!

FedEx get it there safely? Absolute monster build. Bling, but classy. I am in love.

Alright guys, here's a quick rundown of the basic specs:

Modern Eagle with Braz neck, fretboard, and headstock overlay
24.5" scale with Wide-Fat neck carve
Stainless steel jumbo frets
Rolled fretboard edges
Paua body and neck purfling
Paua Birds with white Mother of Pearl outlines
Quilted Maple top
Obeche body
1-pc Mann Made trem with raw brass saddles
59/09 bridge pickup
53/10 neck pickup
Brazilian rosewood tuner knobs and body backplates.

She's due to arrive on Monday. I feel like an expectant father. :D

Oh yeah !!!!!!!!!!

Did it arrive safely? :iamconfused: (Hopefully, my fingers are crossed for you.) A full tone report is needed! :rock:

Guys, thanks so much for the kind words. I've now had her for two days. I can say without fear of exaggeration that this is the greatest guitar I've ever played in my entire life. She's simply the distillation of everything I've learned along my PRS journey.

The tones are very versatile. I can cover a luscious jazz tone on the 53/10 in the neck, to monstrous rock and creamy blues with the bridge 59/09. The Mann Made trem is my all-time favorite, but this one is polished...INSIDE THE TREM CAVITY! I had mine fitted with raw brass saddles. I think it sounds great.

And without trying to sound too biased, I LOVE the look...definitely dressed up, but hopefully not tacky. I was going for classy and rich. The maple works really well with the obeche (oh-beachy).

Like all Modern Eagles, the big draw is the neck. But I have to say, this is my favorite neck of all-time. It's a Wide-Fat carve with the 24.5 inch "Gibson" scale. I had them "roll" the fretboard edges, so it feels like a broken in neck. The stainless steel frets make bends effortless. The frets were finished perfectly.

All in all, it took right at 4 months from order to delivery. But I have to say, it was totally worth it. PRS really outdid themselves. I couldn't be happier. :)

1CDDB399-1B25-4A9A-9ED7-974922C57069-5598-000003284559359C_zpsd2c0a8ae.jpg

Congrats Brad! That guitar is truly a stunner. The Private Stock team have really been cranking out some seriously nice guitars. Awesome all around!

Back