Incoming.........Maybe?

dcm_guitar

I ordered a 24-08 at the end of 2017 (November). I'm now into month 20 and still waiting.

A few months ago PRS wrote a letter to my dealer apologizing for the delay (and explaining why the factory had not built the instrument yet) and promised a delivery of NO LATER than July.

"No later than July" has now become the second or third week of August.....probably.

I've gone from indifferent to patient to impatient to irritated to downright angry about this whole process.

At this point I'm just laughing in frustration at the whole situation and the absurd levels of ineptitude on display. If I had known it was going to take nearly two years to receive a non-PS guitar I simply would have never ordered it.

So, month 20 in my wait for a 24-08 will pass me by and we're on to month 21.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock..........

Yeah, excessive waiting sucks....and having additional delays multiplies the suckiness of the whole thing several times over. I've never gone through the ordering process through a dealer and have always opted for "in-stock" purchases for this very reason. I hope you get your guitar soon and hope the waiting game hasn't put an irreversible damper on your incoming acquisition.

I will say, the 24/08 is a beast of a guitar with some incredible tonal range.

Hang in there!

Sorry to hear of your frustration. I bet that the moment you get it in your hands, everything will be great again.

To quote a famous cat poster, “Hang in there baby!” ;)

Get your money back and look for something else. Not worth the frustration.

I take it you have never played a PRS? They are well worth the wait, and are apparently in big demand as many models have long wait times. I have waited months for a mere SE, and months for an S2, and it was worth it to me, so I would wait many more months for the right core model. ;)

Cool :cool:

You might consider a thread to show us some pics, and a review. :)

Man I asked our local dealer about custom orders and he said there’s no point because there’s absolutely no way to tell how long it will take. He basically denied even giving me an opportunity to do it.

I would have expected a year at most from a company of their size to be acceptable but he said that’s a pipe dream.

There are about 100 brand new 24-08 guitars for sale on Reverb right now...

I know, but none of them have the specs I ordered. I usually cruise through Reverb looking at 24-08s about twice a month. I’ve seen one ever with same specs I ordered. I didn’t think it would be particularly rare when I ordered it:

• Artist package
  • Copperhead burst finish
  • Solid rosewood neck
I honestly don’t even remember if I ordered Pattern Regular or Pattern Thin; I THINK Pattern Thin but I’m not 100% sure any longer (it’s been 20 months).

I long ago decided to buy a 24-08 like I ordered that was already built and cancel my order, but I haven’t found one. There IS a 594 double cut that is the same spec, but it’s not a 24-08.

I ordered an SSH in mid November 2018. At that time I was told 9-11 months. My fingers are firmly crossed that they're close. I'm hoping for "on time," but close will do.

Just bumping this for an update....

To recap: Been waiting 22 months for my guitar. Dealer received a letter from PRS saying the guitar would arrive NO LATER than July, 2019 (21 months after order date). Guitar did not arrive in July. Dealer gave me an update a few weeks ago saying mid-August. Today is August 19th. The instrument has not arrived.

Ugh that sucks! I hope you don’t end up resenting if it ever does show up.

I won't resent it. I am frustrated, but the guitar will stand on its own merits.

I do know that I'm absolutely 100% never going to order a PRS again. I'll buy from a shop's inventory, but I will not ever order another PRS.

I knew my Special 22 Artist package in Fire Red Burst would be awhile... Supposedly due in October now. Ordered June or July 2018.

I can live with it for a custom ordered retirement guitar. Paul has already signed a backplate for the dealer for it wishing me happy retirement.

Gives you plenty of time to collect the last percentage of the final payment. LoL!!!

Back