I'm "ALL IN"

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
I was reading a different thread where a new member asked us to describe why we thought PRS was better than any other guitar we own. Then it hit me (and this really did come as a bit of a surprise) I don't own any "other guitars" anymore. That is to say, all of my electrics are now PRS. Sure, I'd love to have that pair of R9's I sold back but the truth is - if I had the money and they were available, I'd buy an SC245, SC-58, or an NOS SCT Modern Eagle. I'm a bona fide PRS dork.

There's still a Westerly Guild D55 next to the piano. I love that guitar. It's been with me a while. I don't plan to sell it. I also have a Ken Smith Fretless bass. I love that bass. I don't plan to sell it either. But my electric guitars? Yup. All PRS.

I guess you could say I'm "all in".

Until you said this, I hadn't thought about it, but since I bought my first PRS, I've only bought two electrics that weren't made in Stevensville. Moreover, my GAS for non-PRS instruments has dwindled - right now, about the only ones I can think of would be a Jackson Rhoads or an Explorer (or Hamer Standard). I had some Ibanez lust for a while, but it seems to have waned.

That said, I do have a few non-PRS electrics, but they're probably not going anywhere - with the exception of two, they have some meaning to me.

Kind of makes me feel like a one-trick pony, now that I think about it. But that's okay - I thought I was a no-trick pony!

I "CALL"

I sold the last of my non PRS guitars in December. So I began 2013 as a full fledged, Kool-Aid drinking, card carrying member. :biggrin:

Two down one to go! I have gotten rid of my 76 Deluxe GT LP and my Telecaster, and as soon as the paint dries I will finally be able to post in the "Show your top three PRS" thread. Now if Y'all would start workin' on the Paco De Lucia nylon string....

I'm all PRS, including amp.

I've had the guitars and amps most guys in my business say they need to have in the studio to cover the bases, but I replaced them very ably with PRS.

I certainly understand why people feel the way they do, but there's kind of a herd mentality involved in studio work sometimes, and having certain gear around can be more of a feel-good thing than a genuine need.

When I do sessions, I make no apologies for my gear. Just for my clams. ;)

Hans I am 98% all in including amps but only due to a straggler or two that I can't let myself let go for sentimental reasons or PRS does not carry that niche entry. Not because I am brainwashed but because every time I have some extra dinero I do not find another guitar that is more worthy of it.

Now having said that I WILL have one of the new VH stripes guitars to satisfy my long time lingering VH jones...... But then if PRS would make one........ :)

I kept the tele and the Les Paul I bought in the 80s, but since then I've bought only one electric that wasn't a PRS - I thought a Les Paul whose previous owner was Les Paul was kind of poetic.

I have a few PRS...but I also just recently picked up a vintage Strat (1959) and Gibson SG/LP (1961). Other than those, my HML #20 and my Knaggs Severn.....I'm all PRS these days.

...a straggler or two that I can't let myself let go for sentimental reasons...

Yep, me too. When building up another GAS attack, I almost exclusively compare any other guitar I see to a comparable model from PRS, and transfer my GAS. And in my head, it's logical and reasonable. This is probably due to having an extremely tight gear budget right now, but even if that opened up, I'd still do the same.

The amp thing is the one part that surprised me the most. I've been such an amp snob most of my life and the first week with a PRS amp was a revelation. My desire to buy something from my namesake brand has completely dissipated. But don't get me wrong, I'll never sell my Boogie gear.

Some guitars have emotional attachments. My Martin D-35 has been with me since I was 18. My Cunettto Nocaster for longer than just about any of my current electrics.

Some, are guitars of my youth, that I never could afford. Some are simply "classics", that I've always wanted.

While I'm absolutely crazy about my PRSi, and the folks who make them, I don't think I'll ever be "all in"...

Jamie

Some guitars have emotional attachments. My Martin D-35 has been with me since I was 18. My Cunettto Nocaster for longer than just about any of my current electrics.

Some, are guitars of my youth, that I never could afford. Some are simply "classics", that I've always wanted.

While I'm absolutely crazy about my PRSi, and the folks who make them, I don't think I'll ever be "all in"...

Jamie

This! And said A LOT Better than I did.

Two down one to go! I have gotten rid of my 76 Deluxe GT LP and my Telecaster, and as soon as the paint dries I will finally be able to post in the "Show your top three PRS" thread. Now if Y'all would start workin' on the Paco De Lucia nylon string....

BTW- where is the CE deBlanc?

Now having said that I WILL have one of the new VH stripes guitars to satisfy my long time lingering VH jones...... But then if PRS would make one........ :)

Oh my, can you just imagine a PRS signature model for King Edward! Maybe some kind of a translucent stripe finish, no neck pup, a satin or unfinished flame maple neck... A ceramic mag pickup somewhere between an HFS and a Dragon I...
Sounds yummy to me!!!

On electrics, I'm all in. Not sure I can get there on acoustic. It's hard for me to justify the cost of a Tonare for how little I actually play acoustic.

Oh my, can you just imagine a PRS signature model for King Edward! Maybe some kind of a translucent stripe finish, no neck pup, a satin or unfinished flame maple neck... A ceramic mag pickup somewhere between an HFS and a Dragon I...
Sounds yummy to me!!!

Yeah...but if it meant anyone from the factory had to deal personally with Eddie....:eek:

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;44621 said:
I was reading a different thread where a new member asked us to describe why we thought PRS was better than any other guitar we own. Then it hit me (and this really did come as a bit of a surprise) I don't own any "other guitars" anymore. That is to say, all of my electrics are now PRS. Sure, I'd love to have that pair of R9's I sold back but the truth is - if I had the money and they were available, I'd buy an SC245, SC-58, or an NOS SCT Modern Eagle. I'm a bona fide PRS dork.

There's still a Westerly Guild D55 next to the piano. I love that guitar. It's been with me a while. I don't plan to sell it. I also have a Ken Smith Fretless bass. I love that bass. I don't plan to sell it either. But my electric guitars? Yup. All PRS.

I guess you could say I'm "all in".

+1, all-in! I am 100% PRS for electrics and have been for some time, and will be for the foreseeable future!

I took it to the next level in 2012 with some GREAT Private Stocks, have one inbound this week and another one in the oven.

My Private Stocks are AMAZING instruments, I play them every day!! I am truly blessed to be able to have such incredible guitars.

I have owned several R9's - when I get R9/SC gas, I just order an SC 245 Ted Private Stock! ;) (That is actually my inbound guitar this week, SC 245 Ted with 408's...)

Hmmm. Of my electric non-basses, i still have four which are not PRS. But everything i've acquired in the last four years came from Maryland...

Still have an old 70's LP Custom, Jackson SLATQ soloist and an ESP 7 string. The first 2 I keep really for sentimental reasons and the 7 rarely gets played. All my playing is done on my 3 PRS's: McRosie, OG Singlecut and Private stock Singlecut!

Back