I'm "ALL IN"

Yeah...but if it meant anyone from the factory had to deal personally with Eddie....:eek:

Ah, I wouldn't worry about that - the average EVH endorsement deal only lasts seven weeks and two days before he's on to the next one.

My first electric is a Gibson SG Firebrand I bought in 9th grade (1980?). Bought my first PRS electric in '91, haven't bought another brand since.

I have 5 electrics and 4 are PRS. 2 USA, 2 SEs.

Prior to playing PRS guitars I played Jazzmasters, starting with a MIJ one in 1995 that was my only guitar for 7 years through college and some leaner times. In 2002 when I finally had a real job and some savings, I opted to build a parts Jazzmaster that was designed to correct all the things I disliked about that MIJ one - hardtail bridge, wider nut width, fatter neck, 22 frets instead of 21. Warmoth made all the parts for me originally, though I have since switched out the neck for one from USA Custom Guitars. That was my #1 for the next 4 1/2 years, and it turned out well enough that I went on a crazy spree of assembling parts guitars, modifying them, selling off parts, buying more, creating mongrel after mongrel and generally wasting money. That was until I went after a humbucker set neck guitar and bought my 1st PRS. The parts Jazzmaster I built in '02 is the only remaining non-PRS guitar and it sees almost no play time. I only keep it because it's worth so much more to me than it would be to anyone else - I played at least a hundred shows with it and recorded two full length albums.

IMG_3117.jpg

I probably would be if I hadn't developed attachments to other guitars first. And if I hadn't been bewitched by the Telecaster...

Ive owned all top tier guitars from ESP's Custom Shop, Ernie Ball, Ibanez, Schecter, Jackson and so on and today - all of my guitars are PRS - both electric and acoustic.

I would never be able to go "all in".I love so many different brands of guitar.On my wishlist i have Vox virage,Fender Eric Clapton custom shop,PRS Johnny Hiland,EVH Wolfgang USA,Gibson SG 61 reissue,Musicman Steve Morse,Vigier Expert standard,Gibson Hendrix V,Larrivee Bakersfield,Suhr Classic,Charvel So-Cal,Vgs Tommy Denander sig,Ibanez Paul Gilbert FRM100,Fender Yngwie Malmsteen,Fender Eric Johnson,PRS DGT,Fender Thurston Moore Jazzmaster,Dean Uli Jon Roth Skyguitar,Gibson Lonnie Mack V,PRS DC3,PRS NF3,Fender Billy Corgan,ESP vintage plus,PRS Tremonti,PRS 305

Last edited:
I loves me my old MIJ Ibanez too much, so I am a two- branded. As far as new stuff, only PRS. The more new non- US guitars I noodle around with, the more I realize how much the SEs trump everything else for the price.

I consider myself all in though I have two guitars that aren't PRS. They were my first two guitars a Strat and a LP. They are case kept and stored in a closet. I haven't played them in years. I should move them along.

I may not be a card carrying member, but in about 3 years I went from never owning a PRS to every electric guitar being a PRS. OK, I do own an early 70's Univox for sentimental reasons - it's the same model as my very first guitar. Honestly it's hard to imagine owning anything other than a PRS anymore.

PRS TGS PS CU22 Bahama Mama #1/5 | PS HBII | ME1| JA-15 | SC-58 | SE SC

Last edited:
I consider myself all in though I have two guitars that aren't PRS. They were my first two guitars a Strat and a LP. They are case kept and stored in a closet. I haven't played them in years. I should move them along.

Same here but my LP is a Heritage H150, and I do drag them out and play them once in a while, but my PRSi get the real playing time.

I'm not "all in" just yet, especially as I just got my first SE 245 this past week, lol. But I might be soon! Very impressed with the 245. I had an older SE Custom and an earlier Tremonti singlecut that were "OK" but they sort of felt a bit toy like. Not the 245. Love how thick and beefy it is. Looks really nice too. I managed to score this new (2012 stock) in the Tortoise Shell color for $450, absolute killer guitar at this price. I might change the pickups, but they're pretty good on their own really.

So I'm actually contemplating selling my SG, and maybe my Epi LP (Tribute, which is really good, but somewhat redundant now with the 245) and getting a new SE Custom 24. I love the beveled look of these new models, and the split coil feature I love, like I have on the Epi Tribute. I still love my CS Tele, can't really sell that, and can't afford a USA PRS at this time, but some mods to either of these SE models makes them a cut above anything else out there. Not my pic, but my guitar now:
$T2eC16RHJHwE9n8ihq!IBQhtYgct6w~~60_57.JPG

Can't go all in. I can live without a Les Paul but not without a Tele or Strat. It's a feel thing for me. There's room for all in my house.

Cool thread...... Electrics approx
PRS 48%
Ibanez 16%
Suhr 13%
Fender 13%
Gibson 3%

The other brands are where I just have one of that model.

I'm there...100% PRS...just swapped an older Hagstrom HBII N and a Mira X for a Swamp Ash Special...version 1.0...Emerald Green, 3 way toggle, p/p tone. Incredible grain that follows the contours of the body's top...almost like the older PRS' "metal" design. You just can't beat the craftsmanship and consistency of these guitars.

I have a few PRS...but I also just recently picked up a vintage Strat (1959) and Gibson SG/LP (1961). Other than those, my HML #20 and my Knaggs Severn.....I'm all PRS these days.

As I said....not quite "all in" just yet.....the two newest acquisitions, at the expense of about 5 hi-end PRSi (the '86 Standard has been part of the line-up for some time now):

100_6149.jpg

100_6147.jpg

100_6156.jpg

100_6154.jpg

Back