I'll Tell You What Color Your Blue Guitar Wants To Be.

On magnificent swami, please tell me what this ocean teal desires to be.
DSC_0004-1.jpg
DSC_0063.jpg

WANT!

A nasty side effect Sergio didn't consider is this thread is helping to fuel my blue guitar GAS.

IMHO, that guitar looks perfect the way it is. While I like some of the flamed/stained maple fretboards seen in the PSF thread, I think that would have been too much on this guitar. Tuner buttons too, in this case.

But...if you decide that you want to really get the same one but with flamed/stained fretboard and tuner buttons and you want to offload this beauty, let me know...

I agree...she's perfect. I may have been slightly exaggerating for effect...;)

Oh omniscient one...I obtained this wayward blue guitar a while back but already corrected it's offensive color...did I get it right?

6FB03BC1-18FD-45A2-A476-5BC5EE678ADC_zpswpxni0sk.jpg

D18347DE-148C-40C7-A05A-25787054C808_zpspwsfivhy.jpg

Your guitar thanks you for listening to its wishes, Tosca. It wants me to tell you you are a good owner and it wants more brothers and sisters.

Ya know, after the gifting of the White Westie, it's very generous of Sergio to offer to refinish all of our blue guitars himself...

...that, or it's just the guilty feelings kicking in.... :p

Sure, I'll paint everybody's blue guitars. It would be my pleasure.

Here you go Sergio I got 3 blues for you :)

Jade, Magenta, and Jet White.

It's hard to tell the reasons from all the chatter of all three speaking to me at once, but their shouts are very specific as to which color they each long to be.

Mrs. commissioned this one on the sly.
CK_108BlueGrassBodyAAA.JPG

This guitar has a bit of an identity crisis being born by deceit. Although the deception was carried out in the most loving way and with the kindest of intentions, it impacted this guitar in a curious way that awakened its spirt animal: A big cat.

Originally destined to be Tiger Eye, this guitar became resilient after being mis-coloured. So malleable is this creature that it is defiant towards the adage of "A leopard cannot change its spots" and will go to great lengths to disprove this, until it is in fact, painted Leopard Print.

Please tell, what colours do these 3 wise men want to be?

10950617_620809521385428_1039168610_n.jpg

As above, when there are too many at once it becomes harder to hear the guitar's feelings individually. However, it usually devolves into a shouting match with each one yelling single words so I will relate them to you in order from left to right:

Faded Emerald, traded in for a PRS, and Tortoise shell with a Platinum back.

Poor Sergio forgot just how many blue guitar pics we posted to the "Sergio's 'I've got the blues'" thread.

Well Serge what's the verdict.:cool:

I don't want to speak for the guy, but I did get this quote from Sergio a few years back regarding Whale Blue...

As much as I dislike blue.... whale blue is such a classic PRS color! I kinda look at it like "patient X". A guitar like this is where the present scourge of blue started... fascinating to behold, yet terrifying when I think of what was to come after its introduction.

If you're gonna blue yourself, something like this would be the way to go.

respect.

But, like I said...I don't want to speak for the guy.

Back